Task bar

tb110895

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Good info. Just what i needed. Not ready for a custom rom since i have no issues with the.stock one. Just want to change the stock look. Switched to adw ex and love it but you can only customize it so much.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

So true. That's why I rooted and did ROMS and such. I saw everybody with these creative looks and my was plain lol

Sent From My Liberated Droid 2

csk415

Reaction score
You show pics and I have more questions.
@droid does.. is sourcery a theme or rom. Did a quick look and didnt see it. Are the wifi, bluetooth etc toggles in the drop down or on the home screen? My daughters fascinate has them in the drop down. It would be nice to get them on my X also. And, how did you make the one for your manager.
@tb110895.. I will probably do a rom some time in the future. So much to learn just tying to soak it all in. Going to have the phone for awhile so Im not in a hurry since i have never done it before.

tb110895

Reaction score
@droid does.. is sourcery a theme or rom. Did a quick look and didnt see it. Are the wifi, bluetooth etc toggles in the drop down or on the home screen? My daughters fascinate has them in the drop down. It would be nice to get them on my X also. And, how did you make the one for your manager.
@tb110895.. I will probably do a rom some time in the future. So much to learn just tying to soak it all in. Going to have the phone for awhile so Im not in a hurry since i have never done it before.

That's what I did. I just browsed all the stuff on here and slowly did more and more with it, eventually flashing a ROM.

tb110895

Reaction score

You can get them in the dropdown with the app widgetsoid free in the market.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The pulldown for froyo roms is in framework-res (status_bar_background.PNG) and for gingerbread roms it's in SYSTEMUI.Apk.... (shade_bg.PNG).... you can add any pic ya want to it... use a photo editor (gimp, Photoshop, paint,etc) ... click my themers badge and go to my section and in the thread "custom pulldowns part 2" I have both styles ... dl the corresponding style to your PC... unzip/extract it... you'll see my folder layout and in drawable-hdpi is the image... use your photo editor to black out my image and add your own... then you can change the main folder name to anything you want. Rename the XML (control file) that's in the first sub folder to EXACTLY the same as the main folder... highlight both the XML and SystemUI or framework-res, right click, use your zip program (I use 7zip) and zip it/add to foldername.zip... now ya have a metamorph zip... on gb roms it will fc before mm can reboot.. just keep hitting force close until mm says all themes applied... then Yank the battery and reboot... no more fc's... also, some gb roms are pointing to a hex color code instead of that shade_bg so it wont apply if liberty or whatever rom is like that.... you can just try one of mine and if it applies, then you wont be wasting your time.... hope this helps and isn't too confusing... :)
And sorry if I have spelling issues, its cold and I'm outside on my phone... lol
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The pulldown for froyo roms is in framework-res (status_bar_background.PNG) and for gingerbread roms it's in SYSTEMUI.Apk.... (shade_bg.PNG).... you can add any pic ya want to it... use a photo editor (gimp, Photoshop, paint,etc) ... click my themers badge and go to my section and in the thread "custom pulldowns part 2" I have both styles ... dl the corresponding style to your PC... unzip/extract it... you'll see my folder layout and in drawable-hdpi is the image... use your photo editor to black out my image and add your own... then you can change the main folder name to anything you want. Rename the XML (control file) that's in the first sub folder to EXACTLY the same as the main folder... highlight both the XML and SystemUI or framework-res, right click, use your zip program (I use 7zip) and zip it/add to foldername.zip... now ya have a metamorph zip... on gb roms it will fc before mm can reboot.. just keep hitting force close until mm says all themes applied... then Yank the battery and reboot... no more fc's... also, some gb roms are pointing to a hex color code instead of that shade_bg so it wont apply if liberty or whatever rom is like that.... you can just try one of mine and if it applies, then you wont be wasting your time.... hope this helps and isn't too confusing... :)
And sorry if I have spelling issues, its cold and I'm outside on my phone... lol
^^+1! B-Boy is A LOT of help and is who taught me how to do this. Thanks btw man!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No prob bud.... :) .. glad to help when I can...

csk415

Reaction score
B-boy. Its a little confusing. But i think i can figure it out. Il shhot you a pm if i cant figire it out. If thats ok with you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine... I know it sounds confusing but its really not (so I say since I thoroughly understand)... lol...

csk415

Reaction score
@B-boy.. need some help. Ill move over to your theme section with my questions.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alrighty then.... :)