Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Tapatalk has just added Realtime Chat
Here is the News Release from Tapatalk.

It’s now faster than ever to chat privately with other Tapatalkers. If you’re negotiating a sale, planning to meet up, or just chatting about the game, Tapatalk Chat is the easy solution. Plus, talk to anyone from any forum or blog, just like you use Tapatalk to follow all your forums/blogs. (Chat works alongside your existing Private Message inboxes that are unique to each forum)

We designed chat with your privacy in mind--you can communicate without giving out your phone number, email or name.

Here’s how you can chat right now:

1. Tap the username of the person you want to chat

2. Tap the orange chat bubble:

wOkEihfm8CjgkF0JbrAJZrQEPyYYnQuYQf5ZFChkNHWXQlcbydbvFs7g2Nac1TFVUwJ2W-LxexQaXJJhkBpyKLZMevBbXHB6-VV6nVMwyfDW6_JnD46PmMRW-lEfiXgwYHrXGig1Ug=s0-d-e1-ft

1. Go! (To access your chats in the future, head to Notifications > Messages):
mtADDrutzNkjkoui0-dC9d6Esr0vcO7WTNwNZmMUdYW3zeuJc7Nz1KEU4gh8HgWcayC-6vxdCFXHXIbOLK7u7Nbl-W6aM6olVWZE3LPYVWiEFUGzgAkYbuwqFc4WBAIaCI60do3xmQ=s0-d-e1-ft

You’ll get a push notification when you get a chat, so be sure to keep them on in your settings so you don’t miss anything. You can find chat settings in Me > Push Notifications > New Chat Message. Enjoy!

Will this impact all those Messaging Apps? What are your thoughts?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think it's going to impact any standalone messaging app. I'm not even all that sure that I'll use this feature, but I guess maybe.

Seems kind of redundant to me. I send private messages for this forum through the usual channel. That way, people know what forum I'm contacting them from. I already get notifications from Tapatalk when I get messages on here, so I don't see a very large advantage for this new feature over the built-in PM abilities of the forum.

Granted, DF is my main forum, where I spend all of my time. Not sure I've sent a PM through any other forum that I follow with Tapatalk.

Still, I guess it's nice to know that they're still working to add features to the app. Kinda wish they'd spend more time on keeping it stable when it is and not breaking something (notifications) with every other update. Seems like they've gotten better over the last few updates, but you never know what's not gonna work each time you update.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Most people I chat with on the forums & tapatalk use Hangouts or PMs. So this new feature doesn't appeal to me. I could see it useful for a new tapatalk user needing help or selling something.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Most people I chat with on the forums & tapatalk use Hangouts or PMs. So this new feature doesn't appeal to me. I could see it useful for a new tapatalk user needing help or selling something.

Tapped from a Nexus 6
Or someone looking for help because someone apparently put spyware on their android device and their lawyer is taking their sweet time. Up to $1000 if you can help them though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And the weird messages may have already begun...Oh man...

Well isn't that nice! I'm not sure what makes this any better than sending a PM. I think I will continue to stay several versions behind and stick with one that is stable and works good...don't need strange people "chatting" with about random stuff.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Well isn't that nice! I'm not sure what makes this any better than sending a PM. I think I will continue to stay several versions behind and stick with one that is stable and works good...don't need strange people "chatting" with about random stuff.
But that's half the fun!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But that's half the fun!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
True.... If you are in the mood for random people opening a chat with you about random subjects.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk