Tapatalk causing Market Force Close

s13_slider

Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue with my Droid. Every time I go into the market, it shows Tapatalk Pro is downloading an update. After a few seconds, it will show the download has been unsuccessful. When I select Tapatalk, the info for the app pops up with only a cancel download button at the bottom of the screen. Every time I push it, the Market Force Closes without a wait option. I've tried rebooting as well as uninstalling the app. It's still doing this which is also preventing me from re-installing it. Any ideas??

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue with my Droid. Every time I go into the market, it shows Tapatalk Pro is downloading an update. After a few seconds, it will show the download has been unsuccessful. When I select Tapatalk, the info for the app pops up with only a cancel download button at the bottom of the screen. Every time I push it, the Market Force Closes without a wait option. I've tried rebooting as well as uninstalling the app. It's still doing this which is also preventing me from re-installing it. Any ideas??

I am having the same issue since the Tapatalk Update. I cleared the Market Cache but that made no difference.

Tapatalk has its own forum
Issues Report and Tracking - Tapatalk Community Forum

I saw several folks there with this issue. Tapatalk is canceling user orders and refunding and asking folks to buy again. Several folks tried this and it did not work. Tapatalk said it's because Google didn't clear their purchase history flag of the application.

Somehow I doubt this is Google's issue... this is the only app on which I have the problem

I saw one person who waited about 30 days and was then able to download again.

If you find nay more info on this... please let me know.

I did not get a response to my post in this forum....

Last edited:
OP
S

s13_slider

Reaction score
I messed around with the market for a while. What I ended up doing that worked was on the download list of apps, I did a long press on tapatalk to pull up a menu without going into the app's details. I hit cancel download there. Then I was able to re-download and re-install fine.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I messed around with the market for a while. What I ended up doing that worked was on the download list of apps, I did a long press on tapatalk to pull up a menu without going into the app's details. I hit cancel download there. Then I was able to re-download and re-install fine.

Magically... that worked! Many thanks!