Tapatalk App Gets Themed by the Amazing @DroidDOESSS & @B_boytm

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
f you thought you were in Android heaven, think again. We’ve just been given the go-ahead from one of our Motorola connects, and what you’re looking at is the Motorola Calgary (that’s a codename you might remember) slated to hit Verizon. Let’s focus on what appears to be a pretty popular theme with Motorola’s recent comeback efforts: a decent low-to-mid range handset with BLUR, and a high-end super smartphone, both Android of course. This would give Verizon customers (mostly those fickle teenyboppers) a real smartphone completely positioned for their liking, instead of the featurephones which shall remain nameless that are currently available on Big Red. In terms of hardware, there’s three touch-sensitive Android keys on the display, an optical joystick which we’ve been told performs really well, a workable QWERTY keyboard, and it sounds decent as a phone. The Motorola Calgary also features a 3 megapixel camera, 3.5mm headset jack, GPS, digital magnetometer, Wi-Fi, microSD card slot, and spring-assisted slider. Our connect has been testing it over the past month and said the OS builds running on it are incredibly smooth as well as responsive. It’s certainly no Droid, but hey, it doesn’t have to be. No hard release date but we might be looking at a Q4 release…

motorola-calgary-3.jpg
motorola-calgary-2.jpg
motorola-calgary-1.jpg

You'll need to take that up with B-boy :)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Tapatalk

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Huh?... lollol
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Nice work guys. any chance of some smoke and/or steel themes? I'm not really feeling the bright colors personally lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure yet... there are a lot of potential options tho but the concept was to just theme Tap, but after manipulating some code and spending an hour in smali I was able to rewrite it so that it worked on both display styles. Then re-routed some xmls to drawables so the tabs arent gray and black solids. These 2 things have never been accomplished on a tap based app before us... so now we have the ability to make those tabs anything we want now which is the focal point of the colored versions... the text can be changed as well... so once we hit 500 downloads DD and I will consider branching out even more.. keep in mind that any time Tap updates, WE update.. They have 1 app but we have to do everything 6 times, then DD makes new images, we rename the packages,sign and zipalign... so it takes some time.... ;)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That was Def NOT what I was trying to quote! Haha!

Snow02

Reaction score
That was Def NOT what I was trying to quote! Haha!

I got one of those yesterday. I was on rootz, and this one post kept pulling a quote from dxf. And it was just that one post. Something screwy in tapatalk.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got one of those yesterday. I was on rootz, and this one post kept pulling a quote from dxf. And it was just that one post. Something screwy in tapatalk.

I digress :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you have any of these installed, please do me a favor and rate and/or comment in the market. Quoord Systems doesn't see these comments so the ones in the market will determine future builds. Thank you all sooo much for your support, it means the world to me!

Last edited:

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Blue has 100+ downloads so far.... keep spreading the word!... and thanks to everyone that has installed any of them...