Tap to answer

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First if this has already been discussed, let me know and I'll delete this thread.

I've noticed from time to time that when you get a call the slide doesn't show up. Rather there is a tap answer tap ignore button. This happens when you are using the D2 for anything else and you have a call come in.

I don't recall seeing that on the D1 but I may be wrong. Again is this is old info let me know.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes i have noticed this. I dont know if it helps or not but for me it only started happening after verizon's update 2.2.20 (i think that was the #) before that update i always got the slide but it could have just been dumb luck

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It also comes up like that when sitting in the dock. Great for the car, IMHO.

I'm use to the slide but this is pretty nice.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like it I prefer it over the slide which at times was buggy.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya it was hard to get used to at first cause i would go to slide it and get confused lol. The one thing i don't like is occasionally i will be navigating an app and go to press alink or button or whatever and then the call screen pops up and i click answer on a call i really didn't want to take

pool_shark

Reaction score
Happens to me too, but normally I only get the slide to answer on the first call after a reboot.

I prefer tap to answer, though for me it really doesn't matter because I always use my BT headset.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got a call, it was an automated one about a service call I just had. tap to answer and while in the dock screen went black on speaker. I wasn't able to bring up the numeric pad in the dock. Now that kind of sucks.

Well next time I'll pick it up and hit speaker if I get a call like that. Not like I wanted to waste minutes answering questions on a survey.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I like that it has buttons sometimes instead of always having to slide to answer. I just don't know why it's slide to answer sometimes and sometimes its buttons

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like that it has buttons sometimes instead of always having to slide to answer. I just don't know why it's slide to answer sometimes and sometimes its buttons

Re-read the first post. :)