Tamagotchi/Neopet Game or Widget

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Newton122189, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

So when I was growing up I had a Nanopet, it was a little plastic pet that had low end graphics but was interactive, you had to feed it and play games with it and it had to sleep and it would poop and you'd have to clean it up, it operated while you werent using it so it forced you to keep up with it, it was really cool and totally low tech, i feel like this would be an amazing app/widget for the android OS, i feel like someone could make a killing on the marketplace if they built a legit recreation of this

So the reason im posting this is that I have no development skills and would really like to see this happen, i would easily pay a few bucks for this app and i think a lot of other people would too, personally i feel like it would be best to keep the retro graphics and make its simple and easy, i feel like the best implementation for this would be a widget that way its always there and you can keep up with it easier, but hey beggers cant be choosers so... are there any developers out there who would be willing to give this a shot, i feel like it could be a real money maker if done right

***after researching some more i realized the toy was called a nanopet not a neopet
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. Blackout

Blackout New Member

I love this idea also, i almost made an app like this for the iPhone, but i ran out of time, i am in the middle of learning the curve for Android...which is a lot more difficult then OSX. but ide say gimme a week or 2, and ill start working on a Digimon like app, I like the idea of being able to do all the taking care of the pet and then being able to battle, so I might setup a small server to host battlse over 3G and wifi. I think that would be a well selling app, if anyone wants to help[ with art-work and development let me know. but be expecting this app in a few months times, atleast a beta

Edit: BTW, I have intentions of making it a Fullscreen widget, so it will take up one whole side and run on boot, and will run on Time. That way even if the phone is off the app will still give off the sens of the "monster" being active even when the phone is not
  3. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

I like this idea a lot, digimon isnt exactly what i was thinking but its not too far off, i feel like a nano pet widget would be much easier to make but i have no ability to make this happen, i feel like a nano pet would require very basic images and not THAT many of them, i just dont know how to code anything, i would love to help anyone willing to do the coding, i do have photoshop and would be able to contribute graphically to some extent, if anyone is interested then let me know and i'll PM you my email so we can talk easier
  4. Maxwj006

Maxwj006 New Member

Sounds sweet! let me know when its up and running!
  5. eternitygirl

eternitygirl New Member

Is someone still on this? I totally want one!
  6. uzzors2k

uzzors2k New Member

I'm currently working on a simple Tamagotchi app for android in my spare time. The plan is to make it pretty much like the old tamagotchis, so just basic graphics and functions. The buttons will let you feed, play, shower, train, give medicine, turn off the lights and also check it's stats. I'm no artist however, so I'm having some trouble making decent animations. Right now I've just made some two frame pixel-drawings, based on the old tamagotchis. I've also considered doing color animations, but I'm not much of an animator! What do you guys think, would retro look better or should I try proper color animations? (Warning: They'll look like the ones below.)

Since I really don't enjoy the animation part of this, if anyone wants to make a sprite of their very own design, I'd be happy to use it.
  7. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

I personally like the retro look better, but that's just me

Droidforums.net appified!
  8. Life in Java

Life in Java New Member

What about an app that basically does this, but doesn't have a ton of images, just what you do with it and what it responds with?
  9. Brightspark42

Brightspark42 New Member

Hey I love this idea and had it myself the moment I got my Google phone! I'm a 3d artist and graphic designer too;) So if anyone is still up for doing the code i'd love to give it a shot.

The graphics will be easy for me weither you want to use 3d(openGL) or just animated sprites. I can also do renders of 3d models, and create sprites from them, so it looks 3D but is still sprite based.

I'd love to team up with someone on this!
  10. Life in Java

Life in Java New Member

Hey, I'd love to create the app, although I'm currently working on a number of other projects at the moment, so I'm unable to do it at the moment, sorry :/
  11. IdeaApps

IdeaApps New Member

I'm not gonna lie, I definitely played with a Tamagotchi when I was younger. If I had the time, I'd sit and work out how it could be set up on a mobile phone, but sadly, no dice. If you wanted to, you could submit the idea to us and if we approved it, we could make it for you. You should check us out.

Free Apps! We Will Build Your Apps For Free

If you agree to our partnership we will pay you a $100 advance on your future Royalties. When the moola starts coming in, we'll pay you a 25% royalty. Oh, did we mention for FREE? Submit Your App Today, Idea Apps Development!: Developing Ideas into Million Dollar Apps.

We Develop Commercial Mobile Apps
    Fully customized apps, A fraction of the cost compared to those other guys, Free consultations, Synchronized Social Media Marketing
    Idea Apps Development!: Developing Ideas into Million Dollar Apps.
  12. zander_evans

zander_evans New Member

I could help with the animations/art wise, keeping it retro we could just keep it the pixelated look. i think a kinda random idea to add to this (granted increaseing the difficulty) would be to have either an 'edit' mode to the pet, ie: user could look at the pet on a grid, and could kind of pick and place how it looks. Or, have a random# gen, and set it so you can raise one of however many pets you wanted to create. Just an idea ^^
  13. zombiesinthelab

zombiesinthelab New Member

Droid Pet Widget Launched!

Hi guys,

from Zombies in the Lab (an Android development team) we have news that may interest you: we have just launched Droid Pet Widget, a virtual pet, retro style, livin' in a widget on your Android phone.

We think that this game may cover your requirements. Hope you enjoy it!

Here you can watch its video trailer:

Here is a description:

With Droid Pet Widget, raise your own virtual pet in your Android phone!!!

Easy to manage: the application is a WIDGET.

Choose your pet name and background.

Feed it! Train it! Educate it! Watch it grow!

Several evolutions based on the way you bring up your pet.

Check its statistics and share them on Facebook.

[​IMG]

Adopt a Droid Pet today, they canĀ“t "live" without you!!!

Download it now!!!

[​IMG]

Send us your feedback to zombiesinthelab@gmail.com :greendroid:!
  14. uzzors2k

uzzors2k New Member

It took long enough, but as promised, here's the tamagotchi app. :)

TamaDroid
Search tags for this page
android game like neopets
android tamagotchi widget
giga pet android app

giga pet app

giga pet app android

giga pet app for android

giga pet for android

giga pets app
gigapet app
gigapet app android