1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Talking in a Tin Can / Water

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Magdroid, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

I've been told that it sounds like I am talking in a tin-can or under water. I've searched this topic, and have done everything that has been suggested. I want to know, for other people that have had this problem, did returning your phone work? Did your new phone have the same issue? I really don't want to return my droid, but I think I may have to.
  2. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

Anyone?

10char
  3. jayb

jayb New Member

call quality ....try this

- Improve Call Audio Quality

Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
    Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
    Tap on "04 Vocode"
    Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
    Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
    Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.

This helped me.........but if you have already tried this then I am not sure.
  4. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

^^ Zactly, changes the audio codec, buddy did this and said it worked like a charm! He described it exactly that way too: "Yours didn't sound like you were under water?" Good luck. :)
  5. nhfire152

nhfire152 New Member

Muffled Outgoing Audio

I have experienced this issue...explained more as a muffled audio issue. The audio on my end sounds great, it is the person I am speaking with that has the issue.

I had my Droid swapped out two different time...for a total of 3 Droids.

In doing some research online, I discovered that the Motorola Droid uses TWO microphones. The first, and primary, is on the lower lip of the phone. The second, and not so obvious, is on the back of the phone, at the top. It is seen as a small line in the plastic housing.

I also realized that in my usage of the phone, that I tend to place my finger over this area of the phone, thus covering the secondary microphone. I also realized that the original shell and holster case I was using was blocking this microphone.

I have since purchased the Seidio Innocase and Holster, which has a hole for the secondary microphone, and have changed the placement of my finger when using the phone.

My wife, who was the chief complainant, has said that the difference is noticeable.

So, my recommendation is watch where your hand is during a call, and if you have a case on your Droid, make sure there is a small hole on the upper part, dead center of the phone...if not, you are blocking the microphone.

Frank the Tank in Central NY
  6. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

I have those settings and am rocking the seidio innocase with the microphone hole. I don't want to return my droid...but it looks like I may have to.
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

No problems here. Perhaps the people telling you this have iPhones.:icon_ devil:
Search tags for this page
android sounds like people under water
cellphone sounds like talking in a tin can

droid sounds like im under water

galaxy s3 sounds like underwater
galaxy s4 phone sounds like im talking in a tin can
galaxy s4 tin can sound

iphone sounds like talking underwater

microphone talking into a tin can

motorola milestone sounds muffled

my galaxy phone sounds tin
samsung galaxy sounds like tin can