Talking and browsing

km75

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anybody else has used the "wifi on call" app from the market? I wasn't aware that my phone was capable of using voice and browsing at the same time. Even tho its on wifi and not 3g its still something I definitely like. Are there any other apps on the market like it that I could have possibly missed?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that my phone was capable of using voice and browsing at the same time.
The limitation is the CDMA network. If you use something else for data you can talk and browse.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Seems like a waste of memory space and processor power. If you want WiFi just hit the button on the power widget. I have wifi on all the time though.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Seems like a waste of memory space and processor power. If you want WiFi just hit the button on the power widget. I have wifi on all the time though.

So are you telling me as long as I have a wifi connection I would be able to talk as well as go on the web even without the aforementioned app?

dylanthecat

Reaction score

So are you telling me as long as I have a wifi connection I would be able to talk as well as go on the web even without the aforementioned app?

Yep, if you have a wifi connection feel free to talk and browse as much as you want. I have never had a need to do this though.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Thanx for the info as I was not aware of that. I guess I just assumed that it couldn't be done bcuz of the commercials talking about how verizon customers can't talk and browse at the same time. Lol. The above mentioned app is already un-installed.