1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Talk me outta just buying a Droid 3...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by KenjiWB, Aug 2, 2011.

1. KenjiWB

KenjiWB New Member

Been sitting on an upgrade for too long now, and really want to just get a damn phone :icon_evil:

Besides the obvious differences, Droid 3 with keyboard/no 4G, Bionic no keyboard/4G, are there any other glaring differences that I should be aware of before I just cave?

Rumored release dates had me all excited for the past few months, I kept talking myself into waiting just a lil bit longer, but I REALLY wanted to get a new phone before I leave for school on 28 AUG at the latest (at least, that was my last commitment to myself lol). I get that we have a soft release date now of SEP, but that SEP release could potentially be the 30th argh!!

So...I need help, feed me bad things about the Droid 3 to keep me on track, I need deterence! I know its not a bad phone, I just need ammo to help my selfish cause!dancedroid
  2. NittanyLion4life

NittanyLion4life New Member

My only advice would be.....you've waited this long, its not too much longer now. But yeah, it does suck when you are in need of a new phone.
  3. thedead04

thedead04 New Member

Well, if where you go to school doesn't have 4g yet, then I would just go get the 3. If you have 4g coverage though I'd imagine you'd be kicking yourself pretty hard if you caved now and got the 3. My take anyway.

I'd continue waiting, like me and all the rest of us... just a bit longer I keep telling myself...dancedroid
  4. koftheworld

koftheworld New Member

You sound like you need a phone. Buy the Droid 3 now, and get your fix. If you decide later that you'd like a different phone, then sell the Droid 3 and put that money towards the new device.
  5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Why would I talk you out of an awesome phone?
  6. Engineer_900

Engineer_900 New Member

You'll regret it. Currently testing.
  7. Jenrenee2

Jenrenee2 New Member

bionic vs vigor

I've been waiting only about a month for the bionic to come out so im not that upset about the push backs and rumor dates. I would however b upset if I got the bionic and the vigor came out a month or so later. Will I regret getting the bionic if I get it when it comes out?

Just looking for something new in 4g that is well made.
  8. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

I just met you but I hate you :icon_evil:

J/K :)

I would just stick with the Bionic or the GSII (if someone confirms LTE on it). I really don't think the Vigor is coming out this year judging by how slow Verizon phones come out. As I stated in another thread I'd be shocked if it came out before February.
  9. northendtrooper

northendtrooper New Member

Pfft. I've been waiting since June now.
  10. Engineer_900

Engineer_900 New Member

Not verizon to blame... usually vendors like htc moto etc. However i think your right about there still being some wait on the vigor.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  11. Jenrenee2

Jenrenee2 New Member

bionic vs vigor

Im not a Moto hater at all. :) I had a D1 and currently a D2. I was happy w/ both but when they die... they die quick. I have to remove the battery to end a phone call sometimes cause it locks. So I guess ill just have to deal w/it for the time being. :motdroidhoriz:
  12. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

lol.....meanwhile threads are coming out like "Bionic....what's the point?"

here's an example. I have to agree.....a bit too late to be great now. Should have released this 6 months ago....then it would have been great.

Bionic....what's the point?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  13. Calla969

Calla969 New Member

Wow. What a disappointment. I was really hoping for some great secret feature in the specs after all the waiting and forum induced hype. Not sure what I was hoping for, but after the wait, I really wanted something more. The only salvation now seems to be an unlocked bootloader (very funny) or some free add ons like an HD desktop dock. Oh well. I guess it may still be some magic combination of hardware and software that makes it spectacular. Seems like most people have been pretty happy with the D3 except for a few build quality complaints. Hope the GSII is here soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
  14. Jenrenee2

Jenrenee2 New Member

I honestly want to see the bionic next to the vigor before taking the plunge. But if the vigor wont b out until next year I'll have to get the bionic. Something new goes wrong w/my d2 every day so even waiting 2 weeks after launch is going to be pushing it to its limit. I saw a post that vigor was due oct 5th but who knows if it's accurate.
Search tags for this page

driod bionic model number