Talk Me Out of going to Blackberry

slinky

Reaction score
These are the only legit reasons I can think of not buying the BB over the Droid:

1. Need to do reasonable amount of web browsing
2. Need to read PDFs or other docs on a regular basis
3. You're the kind that needs/likes regular distractions and extras

The Tour is a really nice, compact phone. It has the best keyboard for data entry, no question. If you do a lot of email, it's awesome. The outdating looking OS - Android is certainly not miles better yet. Many apps on the BB are much more complete than Android and the reliability of them running and not crashing is far better on the BB. As a business phone it is superior and I miss the hardware phone key to answer and end calls as I do the dialer - a LOT. Battery life is also better on the BB and Outlook and apps sync is miles better on the Berry.

For me it came down to needing to use a lot more web browsing and doc reading for work. The bigger high resolution screen was a clear winner. Outlook sync is still a freaking PITA for me on the Droid and there is no guarantee it will work, but I found a way to manage this, although it's not exactly satisfactory using Google everything. The lack of a touch screen for the Tour made the difference - if BB had a slighly higher resolution device with a Touchscreen as it was supposed to have with the Dakota, the decision would have been much tougher. In the above respects, there was just no way I could use the web regularly with comfort on the Tour. Reading PDFs... better but not optimal.

There ya go. This is much a personal needs decision.

Fox100

Reaction score
wait till 2.1 rolls out ,try that out, if u didn't hack already it of course, then decide

slinky

Reaction score
wait till 2.1 rolls out ,try that out, if u didn't hack already it of course, then decide

From what I saw about 2.1, this has to be one of the most pathetic updates I've ever seen. It provides almost nothing of real value and a bunch of buzzwords... and of course, live wallpapers. It's a phone and they should have made the often repeated improvements they could and should have made. The update is not a determining factor at all.

BzB

Reaction score
I loathe these threads too. There's always some indecisive cornball who can't make decisions for themselves and needs validation. :p

I could see if the op didn't know anything about either device, but that's not the case here.

li2327

Reaction score
I've been back and forth between android and bb and I'm back on the droid for good. The only thing I truly missed was bbm. The browser on the droid blows the bb browser away completely. I even tried the palm pre plus for a minute and I think the droid still comes out on top. The bottom line is its a personal preference. Everyone uses their devices differently. Good luck with your decision.

wil318466

Reaction score
I dont know why but i want a blackberry tour i feel like it looks a lot nicer smaller lighter better for texting
Bad
smaller screen
Internet comfort
Why shouldnt i do it

Go get a BlackBerry and stop making dumb posts.

I love these "Tell me why I should.." posts. Why should I waste my time telling YOU my opinion? What do you care?

Do I ask you to talk me into buying a stock? Do I ask you to talk me into buying a Maxima over an Accord?

Just doesn't make any sense to me, and frankly its obnoxious. Do whats best for you and stop wasting other people's time. In the end your going to do what you want anyway, and we don't have any vested interest in you staying with the Droid.

-Wil

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy it!

Use it!

Take it back later and get refunded if you don't like it.

I'm sorry gang, but I hate these threads, no offence to the OP.

Want to get one, go into a store and play with it for a couple of hours first, then decide if it meets your needs.

It doesn't matter even if the situation were reversed and you asked us to talk you into getting a Droid:

The only person who will know if it is "right" for you IS you.

We can tout differences up the wazoo, screen, performance, etc. But the above is what it all comes down to.

Now, that said, go play with one and come back and tell us what you thought of it compared to what you have. :)

Best advice on the thread.

Brokn68

Reaction score
I would get the Blackberry, it beats the Droid on ever front, just ask the rest of the users on this Droid forum for their impartial view. :)