Taking the Plunge into the Smart Phone World

Status
Not open for further replies.

taggert

Reaction score
Hi all! I am a Verizon customer who is eligible to upgrade through the "New Every Two" on 1/2/2011. I wanted to find out more about Smart Phones, in particular the Droid X, so came here. :)

I see there is a lot of excitement/hype about new phones coming out at the end of the year/beginning of the new year. I am looking forward to seeing how the next month and a half plays out.

I like the Droid X features, although I have heard a few drawbacks (Motoblur, etc). I do NOT need the latest and greatest, although it's like anything w/technology...you might as well get the best you can afford now as it's always changing.

What I could use some guidance on is this...if I wait until 1/2/11 I will get an extra discount from VZW for my upgrade. However, in the long run (with plan changes coming) does it sound like I will get a better overall plan if I upgrade now before the 4G/LTE changes the plan structure (tier)? (I am not in an area that this update will be important for) or is it better to wait for the newer phones to be released for more options even though I am heavily leaning towards the DX?

If you have any input I would greatly appreciate it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am a Verizon customer who is eligible to upgrade through the "New Every Two" on 1/2/2011. I wanted to find out more about Smart Phones, in particular the Droid X, so came here. :)

I see there is a lot of excitement/hype about new phones coming out at the end of the year/beginning of the new year. I am looking forward to seeing how the next month and a half plays out.

I like the Droid X features, although I have heard a few drawbacks (Motoblur, etc). I do NOT need the latest and greatest, although it's like anything w/technology...you might as well get the best you can afford now as it's always changing.

What I could use some guidance on is this...if I wait until 1/2/11 I will get an extra discount from VZW for my upgrade. However, in the long run (with plan changes coming) does it sound like I will get a better overall plan if I upgrade now before the 4G/LTE changes the plan structure (tier)? (I am not in an area that this update will be important for) or is it better to wait for the newer phones to be released for more options even though I am heavily leaning towards the DX?

If you have any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Good questions. Let's talk about LTE. We know it's going up soon, probably in January, but do you live in an area where they will have it? The completion of LTE won't happen until 2013. Right now Verizon has no 4G phones available.

The tier structure will still offer unlimited for 30.00. That's not changing.

Keep in mind that if you get an X now you have 30 days to try it. If something comes out you like better it will cost you 35.00 but you can trade it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.