Taking the place of UD

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by BlueSami, May 2, 2010.

1. BlueSami

BlueSami Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So now that UD is really out of the picture. (i mean there really hasn't been anything new).
    What can take the place.
    I don't want to try cyngenmod. (for personal reasons)
    BB and chevy's look like a great roms, and i'll probably try on of them here soon.
    But BD was putting out new stuff like once a week, and i don't see any other dev doing that.
    Now don't get me wrong i understand you guys do it for fun and it is hella HARD work. but i just want that "fix" if you know what i mean.
    Also when i read about other roms most people are say they are not as Customizable as they could be, so which rom is the most customizable would be my question.

And again i do know the devs work really hard on there product.

2. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use CM but as soon as BB supports APP2SD I will give it another serious try.

3. bizfox

bizfox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try Redrum 1.3.

4. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What personal reason could you possibly have to not try CM? It's a phone lol.

5. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another good choice.

6. goinskiing

goinskiing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have found the Succulent Desire/Holy Blue ROMS to be updated quite frequently and was able to replace my UD fix, plus woodyman is great to correspond with. And so far, his roms have been quite solid imho.

7. BlueSami

BlueSami Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen REDRUM but wasn't really liking the red..

SD looks pretty nice.

I know its "just a phone" but i don't want to talk about it.

8. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BD is working on his ROM manager with UD11. they will probably be released at the same time. keep your eye out for it. it should be a huge release when it hits even if a lot of people stay away from it. im looking forward to it. im like you, im wanting to try something new too but everything i read seems like it would be a step down from UD. im on UD10 with the nextheme, its the best ive ever had so far. im not o fan of the UD10 update. tried 2 different versions but went back to regular ole UD10.

9. The Rick

The Rick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've been going back to UD since 5.5 and I just switched to BB1.0 when it was official. It has been rock solid and its the only rom not to slow down after a few days once everything is loaded up (for my phone, YMMV)

10. jmart8684

jmart8684 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI blackdroid just released a new rom, Ultimate Droid New Era 1.1.5 on ultimatedroid.com
    havent tried it yet, but according to his post, the only bug is with the Native Video Camera force closing..
    I been using Succulent Desire, which has been solid

11. loop4zil

loop4zil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also ran UD...then all the Drama...

So I ponied up and purchased the Rom Manager Premium and switched to Koush/Cyanogen...ran Several of the Cyanogen based ROMS for a little while.

I liked the Cyanogen/Clean Looks Rom the best. I had no issues with heat or batterylife. No real force closes and it had some nice features built in.

I am now running the Chaos/Redrum/Clean Black (I was itching to try something new). The chaos development team is SUPER active on this forum. Bgill55s Clean black is my fave theme..the Redrum is not to shabby either.

Anyway...you can't go wrong with either Cyanogen or Chaos. Both are solid and quick.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  12. Adrioid

Adrioid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I too love UD's work. I have tried so many roms, and i dont believe any one comes close to his rom. But I must say when it comes to speed and stability, I have to go with BB.1.

13. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using bb v1.0 and I'm loving it. It is very fast and very stable. I also like how it has the option for the regular smoked glass theme without all the blue that a lot of roms and smoked glass-like themes seem to have now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Right now, I'm on UD10. Does CyanogenMOD run with different kernels? Right now I have a good ROM/kernel combo. But, I would like to go back to CyanogenMOD. I'm running P3Droids 1Ghz Low Volt kernel.

If you want something customizable, jRummy and BB isnt so bad. U might think jRummy might be more customizable, but BB is a base, vanilla ROM.

Whats more customizable than starting with a blank canvas? And Team Chaos.... I LOVE that Black Ice Theme. I'm gonna either put that on CyanogenMOD or Imma run Team Chaos ROM. The kernel issue will determine which one I run.