>>> Taking Requests for Droid Themes <<<

CompleteGFX

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew and I have been a freelance web designer for the last 10 years. I am posting this new thread today in order to take Droid theme requests. Also I would like to apologize for the thread title.

Alright my plan here today is to collect mass data about what this community is looking for in a theme. I would really like for the community to be involved so I can push something out that looks really creative and clean. So I ask that you please copy and paste this little form in your post so I can sort through the legitimate suggestions. :)

Menu Colors: colors of the menus and backgrounds (eg silver/black)
Font Color: (eg white)
Inspiration: (a link to any inspiration you have for a new theme)
Comments: (have anything else to say)

Remember to remove the italic examples.

Please post in that format so I can collect information easier and faster. Also I would personally like to say THANKS! This site has been a big help with me and my droid. DroidForums.net has been my #1 source for all Dorid related data and I want to give back now by creating you guys a slick new theme.

Cheers,
Andrew!

Last edited:

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Andrew,
Thanks for taking the time to design some themes
Menu Colors: Black/Bright blue/Carbon fiber
Font Color: Red/Silver
Inspiration: Diamond plate/carbon fiber
Comments: Thanks for taking the time!

OP
CompleteGFX

CompleteGFX

Reaction score
Andrew,
Thanks for taking the time to design some themes
Menu Colors: Black/Bright blue/Carbon fiber
Font Color: Red/Silver
Inspiration: Diamond plate/carbon fiber
Comments: Thanks for taking the time!

That is a very good suggestion. Carbon fiber designs are actually pretty easy. I've actually made a carbon fiber/racing vBulletin forum design. Ultra Speed vBulletin Skin by *CompleteGFX on deviantART
(click the small screen shot to enlarge it)

andykd88

Reaction score
Menu Colors: transparent notification bar/menues! (dark, like tinted windows! with a user set transparency scale!)
Font Color: (users choice, red would look hot!)
Inspiration: (the devil may cry logo, picture included)
Comments: (I love video games, devil may cry, resident evil, FINAL FANTASY!, CASTLEVANIA! any well polished theme like that would make me fall in love with you as a developer, I'd pay for themes like that!

OR

In a less nerdy sense, I really like simple nature related stuff, you know, calming stuff! I'll include some pictures of cute things involving leafs! In which case you could use transparent menus with green text or blue text and theme everything in water/leaf style) nature stuff rocks!

OP
CompleteGFX

CompleteGFX

Reaction score
Menu Colors: transparent notification bar/menues! (dark, like tinted windows! with a user set transparency scale!)
Font Color: (users choice, red would look hot!)
Inspiration: (the devil may cry logo, picture included)
Comments: (I love video games, devil may cry, resident evil, FINAL FANTASY!, CASTLEVANIA! any well polished theme like that would make me fall in love with you as a developer, I'd pay for themes like that!

OR

In a less nerdy sense, I really like simple nature related stuff, you know, calming stuff! I'll include some pictures of cute things involving leafs! In which case you could use transparent menus with green text or blue text and theme everything in water/leaf style) nature stuff rocks!

Great post!
I can take ANY user interface design off ANY piece of hardware and have an extremely close look alike. Of coarse there are ui restrictions so I am limited as to actual button placement. If you have any UI's you would like to show off, feel free to link us to them.

andykd88

Reaction score
Final Fantasy menu themes! If you made the UI look like that AND have the game sounds for making a selection (whenever I touch something), well I could die happy!

on a less selfish note:

here is another example of leaf stuff, remember, it doesn't have to be a cartoony pixily theme. but there are so many non CG/cartoon nature themes out there that something done in a CG/cartoon-ish theme would look great! (touch a menu option, hear a water droplet sound!)

jay80z

Reaction score
looking forward to your themes. will you be posting them here?

eryck22

Reaction score
Menu Colors: I like the honey comb look
Font Color: white/blue/silver
Inspiration: Homestar runner
Comments: Thanks for taking the time.

bwhite82

Reaction score
I am in the process of creating droid-look.org, a repository of sorts for themes, backgrounds, etc. But can't in the life of me figure out how to set up the site like gnome-look.org.

Anyhoo, I am very interested in droid-centric themes (that center around the little bot).

David.

Reaction score
RAVE THEME!!!
Menu Colors: RAVE colors!
Font Color: white
Inspiration: I think it would be awesome to have a really vibrant, colorful theme.
Comments: It would be sweet if like everything was a different color..

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score