Taking off seidio innocase

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by moot, Feb 7, 2010.

1. moot

moot New Member

I'm following the instructions provided in the case packing, but I have been unable to get my case off. It seems to be on my droid pretty tightly, and I'm afraid of damaging my phone by applying too much pressure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  2. Mayhew

Mayhew New Member

Why?

Why would you do that? Are you unable to remove it? It fits perfectly and is the ultimate protection for your Droid.
  3. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

The back cover is pretty easy to get off, I just start from the part by the power button. The front cover seemed kinda peskier. Only took it off once to get a screen protector on. I slid it open and started at the tab on the bottom of the phone that was exposed from sliding.

Hope that helps.
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I won't be held responsible for the following advice, but it does work. Place your fingernail between the top and bottom parts of the case just above the usb port and pry it loose enough to slide your fingernail up toward the top of the phone to disengage it the case.

You'll definitely feel like you're going to tear the phone apart, but the case will give way before you do. And after you've done it a few times it either gets easier or you'll have more courage. Not sure which.

I've had occasion to pull the battery several times and it gets easier to remove the case. Fortunately, though, it seems to fit just as tight once it's in place.
  5. Geken

Geken New Member

Rock your droid naked and let it adapt some character. This is the only phone where a few battle scars will fit the bill in my opinion
  6. jbsangel

jbsangel New Member

So is it safe to say the Seidio case doesn't come on and off easily enough for docking on a daily basis?
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Yes. It's safe to say that. Seidio has its own dock that accommodates the Innocase. Or one can use the MiKradle dock (discussed on its own thread here) and avoid the problem altogether with practically any case/battery combination.
  8. mec6250

mec6250 Premium Member Premium Member

You can take the case off by pulling gently near the tabs that hold it in place - I open the keyboard and remove the back by pulling away at the tabs on one side and droping the case down and off. Same on top and bottom pieces. I have taken mine off many times. I have the Seidio car traveler kit and two Seidio cradles so that I don't have to take the case off to dock the phone. I also have the Sedio horizontal leather case for carrying the droid in my purse without damage to screen or phone. Even if I drop it, it is well protected. Love the Seidio stuff... bought a case as a gift for my daughter (she has an Eris) just this week
  9. qoncept

qoncept New Member

The Seidio case isn't hard to take off at all. I just slide the keyboard out and push the 2 tabs at the bottom of the keyboard off with my thumbs. I have a horrible fingernail biting habit but I have no trouble getting the case off.
  10. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I can take my Seidio case off very easily.
  11. Rudy

Rudy New Member

Everyone here seems to be talking about just the back of the case. What if you want to take the front of the case off?
  12. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

Open the droid, push the two tabs on the backing to take the back off, leave the droid open, turn it upside down, push the tabs on the top cover....why is this made into a multiple page thread?
  13. Project37

Project37 New Member

Damn, I wish I knew this before ordering the case. I have the Motorola dock and don't want to have to argue with the case every time I want to plug in the phone.
  14. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Welcome to the value of a learning experience. I had a WinMo XV6700 and discovered I couldn't dock it without removing the Seidio case several years ago. I didn't make the same mistake twice. I love my retro MiKradle. Only problem is that my 5 y/o daughter was disappointed to hear it wasn't a park bench for her doll house.
  15. Murz

Murz New Member

Just do what I did. Return your Moto Dock to your local Verizon store. When they ask what was wrong with it, tell them that the dock does not allow for the Droid to be docked in a case (even the verizon case). Get your refund, order a Seidio Dock. Problem solved.
  16. Project37

Project37 New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a shot (once I dig out of the snow ;) )!

On another note, my case just arrived, and the top doesn't fit! *grumble*
  17. jbsangel

jbsangel New Member

Sounds like its kind of mixed on whether it is easy to get off or not. I decided to take my chances and order the case and holster. I don't dock everyday, just when at work and want to charge and/or listen to pandora. I would only be taking the back off, so we'll see how it goes.

I had the case fo my 6800 and I ended returning it. That phone was a candy bar phone and evn with a thin case, it was too bulky. Plus it was rubbing when opening the slider and I had already experienced the loose slider effect with my 6700 and a clip_type case.

We'll see, hopefully this one works out ok.
  18. jbsangel

jbsangel New Member

Sounds like its kind of mixed on whether it is easy to get off or not. I decided to take my chances and order the case and holster. I don't dock everyday, just when at work and want to charge and/or listen to pandora. I would only be taking the back off, so we'll see how it goes.

I had the case fo my 6800 and I ended returning it. That phone was a candy bar phone and evn with a thin case, it was too bulky. Plus it was rubbing when opening the slider and I had already experienced the loose slider effect with my 6700 and a clip_type case.

We'll see, hopefully this one works out ok.
  19. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I take mine off multiple times each day to use the multimedia dock and car dock. Just make sure to open the slider before taking the case off and you won't have any problems. I've owned the Body Glove case and the Verizon shell/holster combo case and find the Seidio to be the easiest to take on and off.
  20. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Obviously, a video tutorial would be helpful given the varied experience of owners.
Search tags for this page

how do i open a seidid case

how do i take off my seidio smart phone cover
how to oped my droid bionic seido case
how to open a seidio phone case for galaxy

how to open seidio innocase

how to open seido cover

how to remove seido case

how to take apart the seidio convert
how to take off a seidio phone cases
take off seidio case
taking off the seidio case for s4