Takes HOURS to receive an MMS from Verizon to AT&T...

Jscullin

Reaction score
I'm using Handcent and noticed I can receive mms files fine, although they won't load unless I view them in the default messenger app first. But when I send someone a photo I've taken, and resized, they won't get it for several hours.

So far I've only done this to people on AT&T, and iPhones to be exact.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Most likely a network issue. Alot of my friends are Verizon when I was AT&T a couple months ago. It was really a lottery, sometimes i'd get the mms before some, sometimes i get it hours after, it was really random.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
See? Now you have a reason to get your ATT friends to convert. :icon_ devil:

mtnmeow

Reaction score
Exact same issue here, with viewing and sending! Where do you live? I'm in southern AZ.

Sometimes pictures don't even send at all. I'm having better luck with the default messaging app which doesn't resize the image.

SMS is flaky too, sometimes sending duplicates, up to 5...

I NEVER had a problem with SMS or MMS with the same person, and this was on the Sprint network! Someone remind me why I'm paying an extra $50 a month? :mad:

Dandroid247

Reaction score
Yeah I had called att several times about general message lag and they gave me the run around. Once I left and went to vzw I have had no probs at all cause I don't know that many who use att. At any rate the problem is on their end I promise you.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
bump, does this still happen to you? i hate when someone says they send me a picture and i dont get it until hours later when ive totally forgotten about it. always with ATT. totally sucks