Tabular

Samurai26

Reaction score
Ok, there's an app on the market called Tabular, a search engine for "tabs", a type of guitar sheet music. My brother found out about it and installed no problem on his rooted 2.1 Droid X. After he installed it, he told me about and I decided I wanted also.

So on my rooted stock FRG22 Droid1, I searched for the app on the market, turns out its not there! Searched it up on AppBrain, it comes up, but when I click on it, it claims "the app was not found"!

At this point my and my bro tried some trickery, he emailed me the app and I got it as an attatchment and installed it no problem, but after it installed it gave me no option to immediately open the app, and it doesn't show in my app drawer...

Any help on getting Tabular working?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats weird. id email the dev and tell him whats happening and see if he will do something about it

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
I would, but I can't find out who the dev is cuz it doesn't show up on the market!

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
Hmm, this is weird...
Even the web page won't load, its giving a 404 error...

BTW what phone r u on and wat r u running?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DX running 2.2 - yea the page doesnt load either for me. id just email him

there are many other guitar apps out there though id just poke around searching for one

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
may i suggest manually updating to FRG22D? might have to do with the build.prop

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
Speaking of that i just got the prompt... Im on stock rooted FRG22, if i update will CW block it? or will it install and i will lose root?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Speaking of that i just got the prompt... Im on stock rooted FRG22, if i update will CW block it? or will it install and i will lose root?

ehh CW should cause the update to fail when installing. you can install a clean rom thats FRG22D

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
yeah, but is there a stock rooted FRG22D out there?

If not, what other roms are FRG22D?

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
Hemm, but whats troubling here is that the update states that it's 77mb when the frg22-frg22d update is supposed to be only 1.6mb...

Im confused!!!!!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
If your build.prop doesn't match FRG22D then you'll get the full FRG01B OTA pushed to your phone (77mb), then it will get the FRG22D (1.6mb) update later. Of course clockworkmod will prevent it from installing so the process will repeat.

You need to install the FRG22D rooted ROM that is out there. Look in the hacking section or look at mydroidworld.com as it's definitely there.

Your build.prop is probably why you can't see it in the Market. FRG22 was never released, FRG01B or FRG22D have build.props the Market knows.

Also the particular app could be a 2.1 only recognized app so that is why the Droid X sees it but not you.