Tablet that will USB tether

Snoking

Reaction score
Which tablet would work best with stock Rezound?

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
OK got the money for a tablet, what should a buy?

HowardZ

Reaction score
I'd say buy a tablet with removable sdcard, and can do hdmi or mhl video output to a tv.

So I wouldn't get the nexus 7.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Which tablet would work best with stock Rezound?

If you're getting pushed onto Verizon's new "Share everything" plan, then anything will work. If you're looking specifically to tether via USB I think the playbook will and I'm not 100% certain but the upcoming windows tab will as well. Other than that I can't think of any off the shelf Android tabs that will USB tether

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Well, I have decided on a Acer Iconia A200 10.1. It has USB ports, micro SD slot etc and fairly good review, along with a reasonable good price.

Now a Google question. Do I put it on my same google account and does google manage two devices?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You can put the same account on multiple devices. Though coming from someone with 8 Android devices on one account, it can get a bit unwieldy

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Please let us know how it works! This is the only thing holding me back from getting a tablet. I need to be able to tether with a usb like pdanet

CHRIS

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Well I got it. Currently Blue Toothed to FoxFi on phone and PDANET TABLET on the Acer. More later.

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
I am getting the tablet set up. Got Kindle books and music loaded. Have been on each of my two WiFi access points, on and off Bluetooth tether to the stock GB Rezound a couple times. Just have to get the connection routine down. This Acer Iconia A200 has both a micro USB and a full size USB that allows thumb drives etc. Only down item is the charger port. It uses a wallwart and round 12v 1.5 amp input. Will have to check on a car charger.

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Gmail is cool. If I view on one device. The other one updates as viewed.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So the Acer blutooth tethers, but not USB. Has anyone found a tablet that works with USB tether?

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Well, I am hoping that ICS will open up the Rezound to doing more. It is not an Acer issue, it is on the Rezound end. Rooting would fix that with GB, and just maybe ICS will fix it without rooting. USB tethering will cause the Rezound to want to charge from the Tablet, so I am not as sold on that now. I really like the fact that the Iconia A200 has two USB ports, with one being a full size one that memory sticks can be plugged into for sneaker netting. Chris

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Still playing with the Tab. BT tethering is working fine. Put a Samsung 16g class 6 micro SD card in it and moved 1.5g of music to it.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If they ever fix FoxFi to work on the Rezound then your non-rooted troubles are over.