Tablet help

dustinslee

Reaction score
I need some info i bought a galaxy tab andi was wondering if i was on the road could it operate off my razr? I mean without paying for mobile hotspot. I havnt never rooted anything so thats maybe what i gotta do. Thanks for your time

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
I was actually wondering the same thing myself. I am interested in a 7 inch Acer tablet and wanted to know if I could USB tether my Droid Razr to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rayr0d

Reaction score
Have you looked into PdaNet? - its available via. their site - don't think its available via android market - I would believe the connection would be via. bluetooth dun to your tablet.

Its not rocket science to Root an android smartphone, but since the Droid Razr is the latest and greatest - follow up / search forums/ research info on the latest in rooting for the Droid Razr. Rooting seems to be the more popular way to be free of VZW Bloatware and open up the WIFI Hotspot feature.

Cant wait or risk messing your phone up? - the hotspot feature is $20 additional a month - Unlike the required data plan, It is a feature that you could add/delete at anytime - If you do not have an unlimited data plan, when adding the hotspot feature, it provides and additional 2g allowance so if you have the standard 2g plan, when you add the feature - you now have 4g total to freely use as you wish until you decide to remove the hotspot feature.

Good Luck!

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I tether my Xoom to my OG Droid. As long as you can get the app like PAD Net, EasyTether or Barnacle wireless tether working on the RAZR it should work.

lowboydrvr

Reaction score
Not sure about the Tab or Acer but I know the Xoom will work using Bluetoot tethering with the Razr. Root not required on either device, and no third party apps needed. The only thing is that the Xoom requires restarting after each tether (or it won't connect the next time). Kinda of a pain but it is free!!!