Tab wifi via D1 Tether...youtube Video!

jmed99

Reaction score
Samsung Tab wifi via D1 Wireless Tether...youtube Video!

All the credit goes to mosone who took the plunge first and the guys at xda developers. I performed the whole process on the Tab (without using a computer or my D1) and decided to make a short youtube video to show everyone how to do this. Sorry for the poor quality!

Enjoy....

[video=youtube;k5o5WlyA7WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5o5WlyA7WI]YouTube - Samsung Tab wifi via Droid wireless tether adhoc![/video]

:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

HalfMoon

Reaction score
Cool. Only suggestion I have is that I would have backed up the stock wpa_supplicant binary somewhere before overwriting it, but I'm sure a quick forum request would get you a new copy.

cheappc

Reaction score
Wow Unbelievable!, I have been trying to get adhoc peer to peer working for the android tablet, and all you need is that file? also, if you need the backup of the stock wpa_supplican, you can find it at "/etc/wifi/" using root explorer. Thank God, because I did the same mistake erasing the original trying to get this thing to work.

Ok so all I have to do is get that file and replace my stock "wpa_supplicant" in the "/data/misc/wifi" directory in my droid?

Whats the name of the file? and where can you get it?

mach330

Reaction score
Wow Unbelievable!, I have been trying to get adhoc peer to peer working for the android tablet, and all you need is that file? also, if you need the backup of the stock wpa_supplican, you can find it at "/etc/wifi/" using root explorer. Thank God, because I did the same mistake erasing the original trying to get this thing to work.

Ok so all I have to do is get that file and replace my stock "wpa_supplicant" in the "/data/misc/wifi" directory in my droid?

Whats the name of the file? and where can you get it?

no..it's the tab that you need to modify. it's under /system/bin of tab. replace that with the new one. you need to root the tab.

yorT

Reaction score
Will that file also work on the droid? Say you want to the droid to connect to an adhoc network.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Nice. Once my required one month of 3g is up this I what I will be doing. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

PEEKY

Reaction score
Tethering samsung galaxy tablet

Hi, I am looking for the Dave BA file you talk about that we should be able to find on xda-developers.com website to tether the Tablet to my droid. Can you please provide me the link that you talk about in your video when you say go to xda-developer.com and download the file by Dave BA. That is the only piece missing that I need to make the tether work. Thanks

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I have a factory stock Verizon Droid smartphone and a factory stock Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tablet.

Can I watch the internet on the Galaxy through the Droid broadband connection that I pay for? If so, how do I do this? I would need a step by step procedure since I get confused easy with this stuff.

yeuchi

Reaction score
Peeky,

File maybe downloaded from this link.
How to: Use Wireless Tethering on a Samsung Galaxy Tab - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I am trying to do the same thing with Galaxy tab and DROID ERIS.
Is this possible ?

I completed all the steps successfully. Galaxy tab recognizes my "AndroidTether" on DROID ERIS and connects fine. DROID ERIS beeps to signal a successful connection.
However, Galaxy tab never asks me to enter the WEP password.

When I surf the web, I see less than 1KB down/up transmitted in Wireless Tether app.
Then it gives me the "Web page not available" screen.

Any idea ? suggestion ?