T9 on droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by xRITE AIDEx, Jun 8, 2010.

1. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get it? I know its in there forums cause I dled the htc mod awhile ago but I just rooted and 2.2 so I'm wondering if it will still work or where/how to get it on my phone again. I think I have it but I don't know why its not working

2. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    It's called Swype.

Made by the same developers as T9, only Swype is better.

Why would you want regular old T9 anyways? There's a full qwerty keyboard on the Droid...

3. kristoff125

kristoff125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And the touch keyboard has predictive text.

4. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried swype and didn't like it, I like T9 better just something I've done for years. I got the program on my phone and put it on my phone/changed the input method but I don't think it works on 2.2...help?

5. htbyron

htbyron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aTakePhone also has T9-like capability, for searching contacts as well as other uses.

6. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is any question like this considered a valid answer? Different people have different needs/wants. That's why. :icon_rolleyes:

Failing to understand why someone would choose/prefer an option doesn't make the option invalid. Swype, like anything else, isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. I really like it as well but blindly promoting is is just another form of fanboyism.

For reasons stated above, better is always subjective, regardless of topic. Swype isn't better to one who doesn't like it.

#6 takeshi, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  7. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I did it right for getting the htc mod on my phone but I don't think it is supported by 2.2 yet help!

8. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Okay, well excuse me Mr. Basher. I was stating my opinion, and I thought that was legal on forums.

And no, I don't have to be a fanboy to like an app. That's the latest release from T9, and most people want the latest technology, so I thought I would enlighten him in case he didn't know. However, Swype IS better to one who DOES like it. I'm not a mind reader. It was a suggestion and a valid OPINION.

Why don't you give some insight to the OP's question instead of looking for people to bash.:icon_rolleyes:

Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 t9