T-Mobile's new family plan gives everyone unlimited data

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Newsroom_4Lines_120914_featured.jpg

T-Mobile is launching a new (if "limited time") Simple Choice family plan on December 10th that gives everyone unlimited data. The base plan starts at $100 per month for two lines that also include unlimited voice and text, plus 5GB of data tethering per line. That's only half as many included lines as Sprint, but it's a better value if you're willing to pay extra to avoid limits.

Family.png

Hit the Source link for more info.

Source

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wow. Same price as what I am paying now for unlimited LTE? I'm on it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. Same price as what I am paying now for unlimited LTE? I'm on it.
Looks like you picked a really good time to do the try before buy test recently.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Looks like you picked a really good time to do the try before buy test recently.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

And here I was kicking myself in the butt for barely missing their last data promotion. Then this comes along. I will be interested in seeing what the fine print reads. Unlimited or unlimited up to... Before shutting you down to 2G speeds.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
And here I was kicking myself in the butt for barely missing their last data promotion. Then this comes along. I will be interested in seeing what the fine print reads. Unlimited or unlimited up to... Before shutting you down to 2G speeds.
Couldn't find anything about throttling back to 2G

75% of people “hate” monitoring their families’ data usage on carriers’ confusing shared data plans.
Now, the Un-carrier puts an end to the gigabyte gimmicks with its new unlimited 4G LTE family plan − starting at just $100 for two lines.

And, T-Mobile brings back its most successful promotion – 4 lines for $100 with 10 GB of 4G LTE data.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Couldn't find anything about throttling back to 2G

75% of people “hate” monitoring their families’ data usage on carriers’ confusing shared data plans.
Now, the Un-carrier puts an end to the gigabyte gimmicks with its new unlimited 4G LTE family plan − starting at just $100 for two lines.

And, T-Mobile brings back its most successful promotion – 4 lines for $100 with 10 GB of 4G LTE data.

I didn't see any throttling mentioned either. I asked specifically whether or not there was a cap and the rep told me absolutely not. However, when the discussion first began the rep knew nothing about the new plans at all so we shall see.

This plan moved me from 5GBs of LTE data which is throttled to 2G, if you go over, to having unlimited LTE data. It also dropped my bill down by $40 a month.

I'm not understanding TMobile's thinking on this. Last quarter they posted a ninety-five million dollar loss yet they say they are on course for their expected Q4 earnings. Low expectations or did something change in their accounting office?

Reactions: cr6
OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I didn't see any throttling mentioned either. I asked specifically whether or not there was a cap and the rep told me absolutely not. However, when the discussion first began the rep knew nothing about the new plans at all so we shall see.

This plan moved me from 5GBs of LTE data which is throttled to 2G, if you go over, to having unlimited LTE data. It also dropped my bill down by $40 a month.

I'm not understanding TMobile's thinking on this. Last quarter they posted a ninety-five million dollar loss yet they say they are on course for their expected Q4 earnings. Low expectations or did something change in their accounting office?
That's a great deal for you. I look at the plan as a lost leader. Move customers over and sell them Phones and Accessories. Lot's of profit there...