T-Mobile Will Soon Unveil Data & Text Only Plans [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tmosimplechoicedataonlyplansleak.jpg

Here's the crazy idea from T-Mobile that you didn't know you needed! According to the above leaked internal training doc, T-Mo is supposedly getting ready to roll out a brand new set of data only (plus texting) plans. Yep! You read that right... these plans will not include any voice minutes at all.

These data only plans will simply include buckets of data and unlimited texting. You can assume these plans are meant for folks who mainly use VoIP and chat apps, or perhaps they only use phones for texting and the internet. To be clear, we aren't sure if this is a market niche that will actually take off, but we might be surprised.

Source: T-Mobile to launch Simple Choice Data-Only plans on March 30, leak shows

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 8 year old uses my G2 without being connected to their network. She uses Skype,Talkatone or Text+. Right now when away from home I fire up the hotspot on my Note4 for her do I can see the plan having a use for those who might not do any calling. Heck for that matter I only use about 10 minutes a month, at most, on my unlimited calling minutes plan and NEVER use my home phone. I could easily switch to an app such as Talkatone for that few minutes each month (.99 for 60 minutes of outgoing calls with unlimited incoming calls that are already free) if it'd save me money each month, especially if it could be combined with their EDGE type payment plans for a new phone .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone that is hearing impaired would not need a voice plan.
Some carriers have had plans like these for hearing impaired fo a while.
Verizon had one when I left back in 2013. Unlimited text, no data, no voice.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><