T-Mobile Reveals Their Pricing for the Blackberry PRIV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blackberry-priv-hero-dark-backg.jpg

T-Mobile users will soon be able to score the new Blackberry PRIV Android phone. T-Mo just revealed the pricing for it:
  • JUMP! On Demand = $0 down and $34 a month - 18 month lease - Afterwards, you can return it for a new phone, or pay off the balance and keep it. You can upgrade 3 times in one year during the plan
  • Purchase instead of lease = $0 down and 24 payments of $30
  • Full retail price = is $719.99
Here's a recap of specs for the Blackberry PRIV Android phone:
  • 5.4-inch AMOLED screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution - pixel density of 541ppi
  • Snapdragon 808 chipset - hexa-core 1.8GHz CPU and the Adreno 418 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of native storage - 2TB capacity microSD slot
  • 18MP rear-facing camera - OIS
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 3410mAh battery is on board
  • Android 5.1
Source: T-Mobile

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

^ I know that majority of the people only see the $34 a month in the deals. But $719 full retail is pretty steep. But then again the Note 5 is still retailing at $799, and S6 629 on BBY.

If someone was to ask me if the BB Priv was worth more than the S6 I would surprisingly say it was. So eh I guess it is priced ok.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If this were any company other than BB asking this full retail price, I might question it. By that, I mean anyone we haven't really heard of. Given their rep, I think they can afford to price around the likes of Samsung/etc.

This was a valiant first effort in the android realm and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with in the future, even if I never really was a BB fan. Competition, as we say all the time here, is good and I could see BB really giving some of these other OEMs a run for their money if they're able to hit their stride with some enhanced Android devices.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know this is a stretch but I would like to see BB take full advantage of the business phone beyond what Sammy is able to do. I would like to see a phone that could truly bridge the gap between android and windows. Because Windows is clearly the go to OS for businesses and these type of phones are suppose to make it easier to take your desk with you, the key windows apps and programs that people need would be nice to have on a phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I also agree that it's too expensive and I'm a fan. Although I think between PC747 and Miller6386.
$600.
You are in a bad position BB. You need to move phones. This is your last gasp. Price it right.
Almost every review is the same: not a bad phone, but the PRICE?!?!?!
You need to get product into consumer's hands. Play your cards right and you could pass Microsoft right up in phone markethshare.
As for MS apps on Android.... aren't we there already? I have Word PPT and Excel. Not to even mention I can administer my Office 365 from my Turbo. What else do I need? Remote Desktop? Got that, too! :D