T-Mobile Gets Into the Spirit of 'May the 4th be with you day' by Pranking AT&T

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DeATTh-Star-Newsroom.jpg

We have to hand it to the marketing department over at T-Mobile... they sure know how to come up with clever and funny marketing gimmicks sometimes. For those who haven't heard of it, today is unofficially called Star Wars Day. That's because someone once coined the term, "May the 4th be with you," as a play on words referencing the famous phrase "May the force be with you," from the movies.

Today is the day that folks across the country celebrate the Star Wars franchise by dressing up, re-watching the movies and/or hold various other activities. T-Mobile decided to take advantage of this pseudo-holiday by poking some fun at AT&T. Frequently AT&T has been compared to The Empire in the Star Wars saga, and their logo has been photoshopped into a Death Star countless times over the years. The folks at T-Mo just decided to take that theme up a notch by creating an ad campaign that replaces AT&T with the word DeATTh Star. They even created a Chrome extension that does that for you across all your web browsing!

Source: T-Mobile

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My new forum avatar.
Thanks for this.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
That would explain why I saw a full grown man dressed up as Frodo, at the Family Video. lol

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
lol, I know there are really weird people out there, maybe this guy was one of them. lol Yes, Family Video has lots of locations! I have one and the end of my block. Very convenient.