1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

T-Mobile Announces 'Boldest Moves': Jump, LTE, & More

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

T-Mobile just wrapped up their press event which they teased a few weeks ago. The promised to showcase their "boldest moves yet" and some of what they shared might just reflect that. Here's a breakdown of all of their announcements:

Jump: This is T-Mo's most exciting new offer. It's basically a new monthly add-on which offers unlimited upgrades up to twice per year, and also includes total protection against device malfunction, damage, loss or theft. This all comes for just $10 per month. The way it works is you basically can trade in your phone up to twice per year as long as it's an "eligible phone that's in good working condition." The payments left on your current Equipment Installment Program (EIP) will be wiped away, and you will simply continue paying the EIP payments for whichever new device you traded in for. If instead you are trading in because of damage or loss, the protection part kicks in and lets you pay a deductible and you can trade in for any new device you want. The new T-Mobile Jump program will be available starting Sunday on new EIP purchases.

Simple Choice Plan for All Families: This is basically a new family plan for families with credit issues. It's called the Simple Choice Plan and it offers families 4 lines with unlimited talk, text, and up to 500MB of high-speed data for only $100 per month (plus taxes & fees). The best part for some is that it doesn't require a credit check or annual service contract. T-Mobile shared that one in three families can't get "the best wireless rates" because of poor credit scores. This is a way for the company to remove the need for credit checks on family plans, but Individuals will still need to have a credit check run in order to sign up.

Rapidly expanding 4G LTE network: T-Mobile shared that their 4G LTE network has been expanding very quickly. The service apparently now reaches 157 million people across the U.S. live in 116 metropolitan areas. T-Mobile is on track to have 4G LTE network coverage for 200 million people in more than 200 metropolitan markets by the end of the year.
    Obviously, their network still isn't quite as large as their competitors but for folks in major metro areas it's quickly becoming a decent alternative.

Expanding 4G LTE Device Lineup: To go along with their rapidly expanding 4G LTE network, T-Mo is also expanding the number of 4G LTE devices available on their network. This will include devices like the Sony Xperia Z and the Nokia Lumia 925.

Overall, it looks like T-Mo is working hard and coming up with some creative ideas to entice new customers to try them out. Here's the full press release below,

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

It looks like they want to be considered as a serious player in the ever changing game of cellular companies.
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

My thoughts (as I posted elsewhere):

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Heck, if their LTE network has some good speeds AND reliable I may just give them a look in 2 years.
  5. rakumiazuri

rakumiazuri New Member

I made the jump to T-mobile. The 4g is kinda flaky, but it works really well. The indoor penetration is kinda weak, but I'm in government buildings all day.
  6. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

I've been wondering if these T-Mobile moves are really as good as everyone thinks. Seems like it may be just smoke and mirrors when u actually break down the cost. Hmmm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  7. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

My contract is up towards the end of this year. If T-mobile has nationwide 4G by then, there's a very good chance I'm jumping ship! I'll be monitoring the situation closely these next few months.
  8. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

They are really impressing me. With the money I save by switching to T-mobile I would gladly enroll in jump. Too bad my friends still complain about slow speeds around me. I think my contract is up next year. Hopefully they'll have everything I need by then!
Search tags for this page

tmobile tmus

will xperia z c6606pl work on att