T-Mobile Adds HD Video and Free Hotspot To Unlimited In Response To Verizon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tmobileonelogo.jpg

T-Mobile would not be out done after having to endure Verizon's big Prime Time announcement that they would finally be bringing back unlimited data. Verizon actually did kind of outdo T-Mobile when they announced they wouldn't place any stupid restrictions on video streams the way that T-Mobile has with 480p streaming. Verizon also decided to add 10GB of free hotspot use which T-Mobile had not previously included.

T-Mobile buckled under the pressure and will add both HD streaming and 10GB of hotspot data usage to their TMobileOne plan. T-Mobile also went as far as to discount their plan to $100 for 2 lines which is far cheaper than Verizon's 2 line price of $140. Verizon will also tack on taxes and fees to that $140 whereas T-Mobile will include all taxes and fees for the $100 price. T-Mobile has not specified how long the $100 discounted rate will apply, but even after that goes away their unlimited plan is only $120 which is still cheaper than Verizon. If T-Mobile had better coverage in my area they are making a pretty convincing play for my subscription dollars.

via @JohnLegere

kjumper187

Reaction score
I've been on the old school T-Mobile Unlimited everything, 7Gb Hotspot, JUMP every 6 months plan since I switched from Big Red back in 2013/2014. Need to know the JUMP plans, before I go an switch up to a new T-MO plan. Every 6 months JUMP is too nice not to keep.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Going over to T-Mo as soon as i can. Anyone know someone with a OnePlus 3T on T-Mo. I'm considering getting one.:p

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
competition is great. now only if tmo would address their building penetration i might consider their network.