SystemPanel App - doesn't show "live" CPU Clock speed

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Please see my post a few up....

Strange....mine would do just the opposite, when sporadically slayhers would show the live speed for me it was always right away after a reboot, then the first time my phone would "sleep" after waking it, would no longer display the speeds....I would like to hear others results to do with this.

It is strange. Just did three tests (reboots) and got a live speed right away, on all three reboots.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

What are you using to view the speed? SystemPanel? Or something else?

OP
S

spiff72

Reaction score
Actually I was wondering what sonnydroid was using...I haven't seen him reply to this question.

OP
S

spiff72

Reaction score
Well, I just flashed Chevy's latest 1200ulv kernel, and sure enough, I am getting the "live" cpu clock speed showing up in SystemPanel and in the Android System Info app.

The only issue I have with Chevy's kernels are that they don't appear to support Compcache. I honestly don't know if compcache really does all that much, but I like to know it is there. :)

I will try this kernel out for a while at 400-1200 and see how my battery life is. I wish chevy had a 300MHz slot at the lowest position - it seems like a nice compromise between 250 and 400.

Thanks

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Strange....mine would do just the opposite, when sporadically slayhers would show the live speed for me it was always right away after a reboot, then the first time my phone would "sleep" after waking it, would no longer display the speeds....I would like to hear others results to do with this.

It is strange. Just did three tests (reboots) and got a live speed right away, on all three reboots.

What are you using to view the speed? SystemPanel? Or something else?

Yea, SystemPanel

OP
S

spiff72

Reaction score

Weird.

I just flashed the 1.6 Slayher kernel to see if that was the difference (I was on the LFY one), but still no live cpu clock speed visible.

sonnydroid

Reaction score

Weird.

I just flashed the 1.6 Slayher kernel to see if that was the difference (I was on the LFY one), but still no live cpu clock speed visible.

I don't know if it matters but, are u using SetCPU? Or overclocking through UD setting?
I'm using SetCPU and have Overclocking in UD settings disabled

OP
S

spiff72

Reaction score

Weird.

I don't know if it matters but, are u using SetCPU? Or overclocking through UD setting?

Good question - I was using the built in overclocking in UD. I just tried reinstalling SetCPU, and that did the trick. The clock speed does show up now. (But my battery life may have been compromised - I will have to try it for a day or two and see if the live clock speed visibility is actually worthwhile.

Thanks
Jeff

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Weird.

Good question - I was using the built in overclocking in UD. I just tried reinstalling SetCPU, and that did the trick. The clock speed does show up now. (But my battery life may have been compromised - I will have to try it for a day or two and see if the live clock speed visibility is actually worthwhile.

Thanks
Jeff

Yup, no problem.