System version 2.3.20 DroidX (not 2.3.15)

FastDad2007

Reaction score
Alright, Just thought I'd ask you guys because i'm kind of confused. I have a Droid X that was running stock software up until about a week or so ago. I had to SBF it awhile back (but I think I was still on 2.1 then?) because I screwed up in text editor messing with buildprop.

The first ROM i've ever loaded was rubiX. Went from 1.0 - 1.6 - 1.8.9

I wanted, and looked for the sbf file for the X (which i've found) as 2.3.15

My question is, why is my phone showing 2.3.20? Which in thought is the D2 system version, correct?

Is my phone ONLY showing that due to the ROM i'm using? and it's really still a base 2.3.15

Just looking for some clarification. Thanks guys! Love this community, been following for a long time.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. 2.3.20 is the D2 version of 2.2. It is perfectly compatible with the 2.3.15 sbf if you wanted to use it.

OP
F

FastDad2007

Reaction score
Alright, thank you! I didn't want to be in trouble if I ever had to SBF to stock! lol

gamemaster333

Reaction score
Np. =) That's the reason I haven't updated to the leak myself. You never know when something can go wrong.

Reaction score
Heh, well those of us who did do the leak have a system sbf at least. I'm still glad I applied the leak tho. Soft reboots almost never happen now and I'm a nut about having the newest/latest stuff lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App