System update

Reaction score
A few days ago I stoped in at a verizon store and asked manager about gingerbread update ever coming to the droid 2. He responded by telling me that the droid 2 will b receiving a update soon how soon he wasn't sure of what type of software update it would b. Brought my hopes up but hey u never kno what might just happen!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

silverfang77

Reaction score
Here's hoping for something that will at least do away with the refusing to wake from sleep problem and the random 3G service hangups.

OP
L

lucey

Reaction score
In response to silverfang!

Seriously! My screen half the time doesn't want to turn on for me! As you can see from one of my other posts.

When u say the random 3g hangups,does that mean sometimes your internet will stop working while you mid web surfing? Cause that happens to me sometimes. Sometimes toggling my airplane mode on and off will make it work again, sometimes I have to turn the phone off and on to get it to work again. Very irritating

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm hearing that people (like you or me) are starting to think that the original droid 2 is being dropped from updates and that the r2d2 droid and the globla will be the only ones receiving updates from now on. Just a rumor, that I hope is not true

I just SBFed my R2D2 with a Droid 2 SBF last weekend. :$

harleyb16

Reaction score
that sounds like a rumor. arent r2d2 droids basically identical to the droid 2?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
that sounds like a rumor. arent r2d2 droids basically identical to the droid 2?

Yes, but the r2d2 Droids system version is 2.4.5 instead of 2.3.2 or whatever the Droid 2 has. But software wise the only difference is the star wars stuff.

fictionwerks

Reaction score
If you want gigngerbread. Root your phone. It isn't coming ota anytime soon. CM7. SS 5.0 or UD 3.1.1 are all running 2.3.3 which is gingerbread. Even the mighty Thunderbolt is running only 2.2.1. You don't have much chance of an ota gingerbread update.

Sent from a Droid that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at Mardi Gras .

OG DROID \m/
UD 3.1.1 with carbon / Rover theme
RAIDZERO LV kernel 250 - 1.1ghz
RAIDZERO recovery 2.0.3

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
If you want gigngerbread. Root your phone. It isn't coming ota anytime soon. CM7. SS 5.0 or UD 3.1.1 are all running 2.3.3 which is gingerbread. Even the mighty Thunderbolt is running only 2.2.1. You dont have much chance of an ota gingerbread update.

Sent from a Droid that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at Mardi Gras .

OG DROID \m/
RAIDZERO recovery 2.0.3

None of those roms are available to us.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you want gigngerbread. Root your phone. It isn't coming ota anytime soon. CM7. SS 5.0 or UD 3.1.1 are all running 2.3.3 which is gingerbread. Even the mighty Thunderbolt is running only 2.2.1. You don't have much chance of an ota gingerbread update.

OG DROID \m/
RAIDZERO recovery 2.0.3

D2's can't run any AOSP ROMs so this doesn't really help. The D2 shoould get a GB update same as the DX.

Sent from somewhere...

fictionwerks

Reaction score
The amount of available roms for other phones is a big reason why I am hesitant to upgrade.

Sent from a Droid that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at Mardi Gras.

silverfang77

Reaction score
In response to silverfang!

Seriously! My screen half the time doesn't want to turn on for me! As you can see from one of my other posts.

When u say the random 3g hangups,does that mean sometimes your internet will stop working while you mid web surfing? Cause that happens to me sometimes. Sometimes toggling my airplane mode on and off will make it work again, sometimes I have to turn the phone off and on to get it to work again. Very irritating

Those are the exact problems I get. Yes, data hangup means exactly what you said.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
D2's can't run any AOSP ROMs so this doesn't really help. The D2 shoould get a GB update same as the DX.

Sent from somewhere...

Exactly. There is another thread on this already, I might merge the two.