System update while rooted?

tagg

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and I hit "update now"...The phone turned off and back on just like any other time, nothing out of the ordinary. I still have SU.
It looks like I do not have FRG83D software that the update .PDF referred to, mine still says FRG22D.

stratjb

Reaction score
Can't. Reroot z4 is dead for d1 I have such icon but no root. Still looking for help

I had tried to root w. z4 but it failed so when I rooted about a week ago I had a buddy help me do it the way he did. downloaded a file on his computer (RS Lite? don't hold me to that) and followed some steps off of a youtube video. I wonder if it is more permanent than the z4 method? I am still reluctant to click the update now button, I don't want to go into that blind.

Yup z4root AND Soup or Root both still don't work with this update. Super One Click Root is what will re-root for you. I had to use it to un-root and then re-root.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and I hit "update now"...The phone turned off and back on just like any other time, nothing out of the ordinary. I still have SU.
It looks like I do not have FRG83D software that the update .PDF referred to, mine still says FRG22D.

Are you running a custom rom? If not tell me exactly what you did with clockwork. Please.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
Well I don't know if motorola released another update or that the install trick I mentioned above doesn't work? I just picked up my phone and it is showing an update available? It's been about 48 hours since Clockwork aborted the install of the update. I'll try it one more time I guess...