System Update Problems

xMidget23

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I tried looking around for this problem but couldn't find anything specific to my issue so I thought I would ask all of you. I just downloaded the latest system update file today. It was for version 6.something I believe. It's not showing up now for me to check the specifics. The download went fine and at the end it prompted me to install said update and that the phone would restart during this process. It did it's whole thing while I waited and when it finally finished rebooting, an error popped up saying that the update had failed. This is not like just one time. I remember this happening to me long ago and I just gave up trying to figure it out on my own till now. Now this is where I think my problem may lie. A long time ago, I attempted to root my phone and it was done pretty successfully until I started trying to flash other roms onto it. Some big problems happened and my phone seemed totally screwed, so I worked to get it back to perfectly normal. I got it back to a working condition and I used Root Checker to make sure that the root was all gone. It told me there was no root access but I somehow still have the superuser app in my tray and its gives access to apps like setCPU still so I think my phone is still really messed up just in a sort of working manner at the moment. If someone could tell me if this could indeed be causing my update issues or even how to get my phone back to how it should be before all the rooting that would be great. I have seen quite a few posts about factory hard resetting but I have reservations about all of that. Sorry about the hugely long post, but I simply wanted to get all the information I thought was relevant across to you guys and any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks for anything

Sorry if this is in wrong forum or other post with same issue out there already (*Bit of a noob)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which update are you talking about? Is it ICS?

mickey7kk

Reaction score
New updates

After the new update today. I had to reset my phone to factory setting and reinstall all apps. But I still can't find the gallery (with my photos and my online FB photos which I used all the time).. Not very happy about this today. I've spent hours trying to fix things. Any help to get the default gallery or where to restall it from would be awesome:). Already looked in the Play store not there.

OP
X

xMidget23

Reaction score
Which update are you talking about? Is it ICS?

I've seen a couple of posts talking about ICS and I'm not quite sure what that is but the update that I'm talking about is the update on my phone from system version 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US up to 6.7.246.en.US. I have tried redownloading the file a couple of times now and installing it again hoping that it may just push on through but it doesn't seem to work. After the phone shuts down, A status bar for the install appears and begins moving with a little Android above it and then about a quarter of the way through, the android turns into an error sign and the phone boots up to tell me the update had failed.

OP
X

xMidget23

Reaction score
Wow, so I feel dumb now for not realizing that ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich but no I don't believe that is the same update. My phone says my actual Android Version at the moment is 2.3.4 although I don't know if the system version updates are what actually the android version updates are. Again, sorry I'm not the most knowledgeable person to deal with, just would really like to get everything back to working order.