system update not working

Reaction score
Hi all, can someone help please? I cannot get the "system update" button to do anything on my Razr. I am still on .173 build. When I touch the button the screen flickers like it's trying, but that's it. I tried to temp unroot with OTA Rootkeeper thinking it was the root stopping it, but nope. Very frustrating. Everything else works like normal. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sounds like you either froze or deleted an app you should not have.

Possibly the blur_updatervzw.apk or whatever it is called. If you get your system apps back in order you should be able to update. Root has no effect on checking for system updates.

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
I thought about the fact i might have frozen an app i shouldnt have so i went back and defrosted all that were frozen. I usually only freeze apps that appear in the app drawer though for fear of deleting some vital system app. I could have renamed that updater back when .181 first rolled out before root was found for it. Do you remember where its at so i can check? I remember there being two different things to rename. Does that sound correct?

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
Sydman said:
Sounds like you either froze or deleted an app you should not have.

Possibly the blur_updatervzw.apk or whatever it is called. If you get your system apps back in order you should be able to update. Root has no effect on checking for system updates.

Just wanted to thank you, you were correct, I did rename the blur_updater to block the ota when I first got my Razr. I found the thread where I discussed it before, changed it back and voila! Now I am about to update a cold treat to my phone when I know for sure it can be rooted. Thanks again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just wanted to thank you, you were correct, I did rename the blur_updater to block the ota when I first got my Razr. I found the thread where I discussed it before, changed it back and voila! Now I am about to update a cold treat to my phone when I know for sure it can be rooted. Thanks again.

Good deal glad you got it working.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Good advice Sydman :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

chizzms

Reaction score
blur_updatervzw.apk

where can i find this?

this can my my messiah, my newly purchased tab is not updating.. it says last update is 1/1/1970 @_@

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well the blur_updatervzw.apk is specific to Verizon cell phones so you won't find that on your tab.

Not sure if that tab has files to restore it back to a factory state or not but that is the route I would go. If it is newly purchased and you have not done anything to it I would take it back to where you bought it.