1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

System update, again, and again!?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by amajamar, Sep 14, 2010.

1. amajamar

amajamar New Member

The 77mb system update for Flash has come up for the third time today. I have installed and ROManager has blocked the install twice before, but now it is back again.

Anyone else having this issue? It's getting annoying!

I have Droid1, running BB V.04.

Thanks in advance!
  2. CPTBeaker

CPTBeaker New Member

If you are rooted, then do this. It works. I kept getting the same update notification and did this and now I don't get the notification and now all of the 2.2 stuff shows up on the Market:

Originally Posted by tyson1
    from GirLuvsDroid on androidforums.com

Hopefully, you have Root Explorer (and if you don't, I highly recommend it because it's so worth the couple of bucks). Here are the instructions to prevent to the FRG22D OTA update (which I was getting yesterday myself):

1. In Root Explorer, go to /system/
    2. Tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on build.prop and scroll down to Open in Text Editor
    3. Once the file is open as a text file, scroll down until you see the line that says: "ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys" and change it to read as follows:
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
    4. Tap the back key and say "Yes" when it asks you to save (it will automatically back up the original file for you)
    5. Tap Mount R/O at the top
    6. Reboot

You will no longer get the OTA update notifications, because Verizon will believe you already have it.
  3. amajamar

amajamar New Member

Thanks for the reply.

My line in Build.Prop is as follows:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

What do I do, change it like you said, even though mine says it's 2.1?

I'm running BB V0.4.
  4. forresst1

forresst1 New Member

I'm running BB V0.4 also, with the same line as above. I made the changes CPTBeaker suggested, and it worked just fine!

Thank, you CPTBeaker!

F
  5. bpad10

bpad10 New Member

thanks for this tip.....I've been getting the message once a week and today I got a text message from verizon saying "Your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://vzw.com/droidupdate " The Number that sent me the message was 12 digits long.....

thought that was a little strange.....
  6. forresst1

forresst1 New Member

So Flash 10.1 is finally available on the Market!!?? Until very recently, it wasn't.
Search tags for this page

verizon cell phone software update notification