System update, again, and again!?

amajamar

Reaction score
The 77mb system update for Flash has come up for the third time today. I have installed and ROManager has blocked the install twice before, but now it is back again.

Anyone else having this issue? It's getting annoying!

I have Droid1, running BB V.04.

Thanks in advance!

CPTBeaker

Reaction score
If you are rooted, then do this. It works. I kept getting the same update notification and did this and now I don't get the notification and now all of the 2.2 stuff shows up on the Market:

Originally Posted by tyson1
from GirLuvsDroid on androidforums.com

Hopefully, you have Root Explorer (and if you don't, I highly recommend it because it's so worth the couple of bucks). Here are the instructions to prevent to the FRG22D OTA update (which I was getting yesterday myself):

1. In Root Explorer, go to /system/
2. Tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on build.prop and scroll down to Open in Text Editor
3. Once the file is open as a text file, scroll down until you see the line that says: "ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys" and change it to read as follows:
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
4. Tap the back key and say "Yes" when it asks you to save (it will automatically back up the original file for you)
5. Tap Mount R/O at the top
6. Reboot

You will no longer get the OTA update notifications, because Verizon will believe you already have it.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

My line in Build.Prop is as follows:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

What do I do, change it like you said, even though mine says it's 2.1?

I'm running BB V0.4.

forresst1

Reaction score
My line in Build.Prop is as follows:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

What do I do, change it like you said, even though mine says it's 2.1?

I'm running BB V0.4 also, with the same line as above. I made the changes CPTBeaker suggested, and it worked just fine!

Thank, you CPTBeaker!

F

bpad10

Reaction score
thanks for this tip.....I've been getting the message once a week and today I got a text message from verizon saying "Your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://vzw.com/droidupdate " The Number that sent me the message was 12 digits long.....

thought that was a little strange.....

forresst1

Reaction score
So Flash 10.1 is finally available on the Market!!?? Until very recently, it wasn't.