/System nearing capacity need help

BlackDawn37

Reaction score
I have searched high and low on the forums and can't quite find my exact problem so I need your help.

My /system folder is down to about 18 mgs free and I have not added any custom themes. I was going thru to try and find what I could delete to add space. I have a swipe.apk which is about 17 mgs and a swype.apk which is about 1 meg. Any idea what the difference is between the two?

Are there any roms out that partition larger that 260 mgs for the /system folder?

Thanks!!!

LadyLailoken

Reaction score
did you every find a resolution? my system folder is nearly maxed out as well. in it, I see many .apk files that I *think* can be deleted.... but I'm not positive & searching forums.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

BlackDawn37

Reaction score
Nope. Have not yet found a resolution, it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the phone, but no idea how to clean it up.

LadyLailoken

Reaction score
with Root Explorer, I've moved some files that I don't use from system/app to data/app and got system down to <80%, but that's still a bit high. in looking around, I see that some devs put their files in data/app by default, I wish that all would, considering the partition limit on system directory.
found that when you move the apk file, the app breaks... heheheh.
Sent from my Droid