System Glow Adds CPU and Network Indicator To Statusbar

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
968944b0-433f-4d8c-a5f2-e620149abdd1-810x298_c.png

Now that most of us are on limited data plans it is very useful to have tools and widgets to show your data usage. You can now add a network indicator to your status bar without having to root your device. The Systyem Glow app adds a glowing indicator which pulses to show you when data is being used to the status bar. The indicator is a very thin line stretching across the top of your screen which gets brighter and then more dull depending on the amount of data you happen to be using. If you need a better way to monitor your data use grab this app from the link below.

via XDA

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fantastic find. I'm more interested in how it shows cpu usage when my phone is supposedly idle but the screen is on but it's also nice to see when data is being used, again while the phone is supposedly idle.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I recently had Sprint (sorry I'm a traitor) swap out my G4 that was boot looping for the G5, which isn't rootable yet and Sprint locked down the System UI Tuner in Marshmallow so I thought I was stuck with a stupid battery icon that didn't accurately portray my phone's remaining power.

If that seems offtopic, it's because I used to use Xposed to put a bar across my notification panel to show me how much battery was remaining. Seeing this app, made me wonder if there was an app that did the same thing but with the battery. So thank you for posting this, as it inspired me to do a little looking when I just assumed I'd been screwed.
I ended up spending the $1.99 for the paid upgrade. Both to support a developer and because the options it added I can see myself using.
Here's where I widened the bar and changed the Using Data on Wi-Fi to green.
dfab285f82914b42c5a1a14b7a3edb0d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: