1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

/system/etc/firmware/wl1271.bin

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Coolsaber57, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Hi guys,

In my quest to understand more about android (and get that dang 100 increment Superbattery to work) I came across posts that said that the Motorola Droid's driver only reports its battery in 10% increments.

So I went snooping around /system/ and found a file called wl1271.bin in the "/system/etc/firmware/" folder.

I'm wondering if this is the driver they are referring to. If so, what program would I use to open it? I understand it's a binary file and could be opened with a bunch of different programs, but I'm curious as to what is the correct one to use here.

Also - how do you view (and edit) .ko and .so files? I want to go snooping around those as well to see if I could find something in regards to the battery reporting.
Search tags for this page
./system/etc/firmware
/etc/firmware
/etc/firmware/wl1271.bin
etc firmware android
etc/firmware folder?
faimwer.bim android
system etc firmware android read only
system etc firmware folder
system/etc/firmware
system/etc/firmware android
system/etc/firmware/