Synergy rom hiccups

sierra117

Reaction score
Hey guys I have synergy for the gs3 and love it but it has a few hiccups. Sometimes, the screen will randomly freeze and I will have to lock and unlock the phone to get it to UN freeze. Also, whenever I reboot, it changes the preferred keyboard back to stock. I use Swype and I like it better so it's annoying having to change my settings every time. All other settings stay the way they were left. Also, sometimes music skips while the screen is off. It was more apparent with power saving enabled but it still happens. I use rocket player and I use the rocket player lock screen which may be a problem. It could also be my sd card. Any help with these problems will be accepted happily.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

debrad0307

Reaction score
Yup. I have the same issues with the screen freezing from time to time and my keyboard will also change when I reboot. I use swiftkey. I have to go in and change the input method every time I restart. Also, the battery percentage will go away after a reboot. I have to go into setting to correct that as well. I have to say that since I got swiftkey my screen freezes are less now, not sure why. But I haven't been able to completely correct it either.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
I noticed a settings folder stored in the internal memory inside a synergy folder. Can I add anything to that to fix this. Luckily my battery percentage doesn't change. When is the next update coming out?

Sent from GS3 Synergy

debrad0307

Reaction score
I'm not too sure on the settings folder. I've never messed with it. As far as the update, I've heard that there aren't going to be anymore versions. I haven't seen one in quite some time. I think that settings folder is created when you first flash Synergy in aroma. I'm pretty sure it has to do with all the customizations you pick to install.

debrad0307

Reaction score
If you look at the synergy post on xda-developers, I'll bet there are fixes for the issues we are having. I'll check it out as well.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Ok, I posted the issues on xda-developers. We shall see if anyone there knows of a fix for our issues. :)

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
Thanks I love this Rom but these bugs are annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

debrad0307

Reaction score
Got a keyboard fix for you. Use titanium Backup and backup the keyboard. Once you back it up, uninstall it and then reinstall it (restore app+data). Worked like a charm for me.

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
e4epe5eg.jpg

Worked perfectly. Also do you have any idea how to use this feature. I can't add or remove icons from the notification panel. What does yours look like?

Sent from GS3 Synergy

debrad0307

Reaction score
I also can't figure out how to edit that. I've been trying forever lol

debrad0307

Reaction score
I also found out why our screen is freezing. What kernel did you install when you flashed synergy? I'm running the ziggy kernel. We may have to go back to the stock kernel or raise the voltage. As soon as I find out what the voltage needs to be at I'll let you know.

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
I didn't install a kernel. I've always run stock kernels.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

debrad0307

Reaction score
I was told to look into different kernels to see if it would fix the freezing. Some people have reported that the ziggy kernel doesn't work well with their phone and installing a different kernel helped.

chris1945

Reaction score
Have you tried goodness reborn ROM....everything works on it. It also comes with 2 cameras! I love this ROM. Wicked sensations is also good. I just had to go back to goodness reborn. Its awesome.