Syncing with Outlook

patthepilot

Reaction score
I am a verizon customer and seriously considering the Droid but i have been told by several users that it does not sync with microsoft outlook. i will need the phone to sync up with my outlook contacts and calendar. does anyone have any experience where it works flawlessly? unfortunatley i dont have the patience to keep troubleshooting issues like this, i am too busy and just need it to work. The apps on Droid are so awesome that i really want one. Any ideas?

UNCMo96

Reaction score
I went from a BB storm 1 to a droid x on verizon on a corporate exchange server.

Calendering worked fine for the most part on the droid x, however a few random repeating events didn't fully repeat. I had some problems with email, but some of it is my own doing. I auto file my email into subfolders of the inbox. The droid would only alert me for mail that went into the main inbox. However, with Touchdown (I'm currently doing the trial) everything seems to work flawlessly. It is 20 dollars for touchdown and I will most likely buy this.

OP
P

patthepilot

Reaction score
Thanks much, anyone else out there using any type of app successfully to sync microsoft outlook with your Droid?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here go again, Outlook != Exchange. Exchange is the server and Outlook is the client and Exchange is just one type of mail server that Outlook can work with, among many others. The OP mentions Outlook but doesn't mention Exchange. If Exchange isn't in the mix then Touchdown (or any Exchange client) isn't relevant.

There are a lot of threads on Outlook sync. You'd need a cable solution such as CompanionLink. Other options are discussed in the existing threads. Alternately, IIRC, gsyncit will wireless sync Outlook with a Google account which will, in turn, sync with your device.