Syncing Picasa Web Albums - Is this new?

BostonBill

Reaction score
As several of us have stated MANY times now... we do the SAME thing and only have three options under that menu. There is NO option for Picasa. That is where we are having an issue becuase we don't know how to get that option that others have. It's not that we can't find it... it's that it simply does NOT exist. This is the problem.

Well unfortunately that's the only thing we can tell you. It's their for us. If you're really adamant about this I suggest you go contact the dev who ported it over at alldroid. Because obvisouly we don't know what's causing it not to appear, so rather than getting frustrated here I'd recommend contacting the source himself. ReverandYo I believe is the one that ported it the 2.1 gallery with picasa syncing.

Forums are here for discussion and solving issues. If enough of us, who either have it working or not, discuss specifics perhaps we can figure it out on our own. What's not helping are people who reply w/o even reading the thread so my response was to make it clear what we know and what we don't already know to save people from responding with what we already know.

Well sorry for trying to help. I did read all of the posts btw. I didn't know until I looked into accounts and sync that there was a submenu there.
I didn't understand that that was what you were referring to.
good luck

kmasum

Reaction score
I have droidmod 1.0 and the 3d gallery.
When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
If I press on the gmail,com one it opens another menu with four options
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! finally i got my picasa sync !! thanks dude!!!! you rock

johall07

Reaction score
lol dont mean to hijack but after an update i get last.fm also now

SGTiger

Reaction score
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! finally i got my picasa sync !!

Well when you figure out how to get the two-way sync going, let us know. My gallery shows my online Picasa album folders, but I haven't figured out how to move Droid photos to these folders nor have I figured out how to make my camera folder sync.

In other words, it brings photos down from the website, but how the heck do you put files into these gallery Picasa folders so they sync to the website. Currently I have to manually click share on any new photos that I want to send to Picasa.

kmasum

Reaction score
how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/12239-new-apps-2-1-a.html

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid!!

BostonBill

Reaction score

Well when you figure out how to get the two-way sync going, let us know. My gallery shows my online Picasa album folders, but I haven't figured out how to move Droid photos to these folders nor have I figured out how to make my camera folder sync.

In other words, it brings photos down from the website, but how the heck do you put files into these gallery Picasa folders so they sync to the website. Currently I have to manually click share on any new photos that I want to send to Picasa.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I do have 3d gallery. When I select a picture in my gallery at the bottom of my screen I get two choices.
slideshow and menu. If I press menu then I get a share button. i press that and get a bunch of sharing options like Facbook gmail and picasa.

SGTiger

Reaction score

Don't know if it makes a difference but I do have 3d gallery. When I select a picture in my gallery at the bottom of my screen I get two choices.
slideshow and menu. If I press menu then I get a share button. i press that and get a bunch of sharing options like Facbook gmail and picasa.

Yeah I can manually share which means I can manually upload my photos to the Picasa website. But "sync" implies automatically moving the photos to the website. Right now, the only "sync" that is occuring is one way. That is, the photos on the Picasa website come down to the Droid, but there's no way for Droid photos to automatically go up to the website (that I have found).

antyoo

Reaction score
finally got the sync picasa option

last night i rooted and installed droidmod 1.0 out of boredom, i am very pleased with it so far.

that still did not bring up the sync picasa option under my google account.

just now after reading on what i believe was a google owned forum for the Nexus, i saw that a few people got the option after a factory reset.

i gave it a shot and it worked.

for everyone that does not have the sync picasa option, try a factory reset. its easy and it worked for me.:icon_ banana:

Jer

Reaction score

last night i rooted and installed droidmod 1.0 out of boredom, i am very pleased with it so far.

just now after reading on what i believe was a google owned forum for the Nexus, i saw that a few people got the option after a factory reset.

for everyone that does not have the sync picasa option, try a factory reset. its easy and it worked for me.:icon_ banana:
Fairly big chore for something so simple. Not worth it to me to have to adjust all of my settings again and install all my apps and especially considering everything else is working perfectly and 1) I've heard that DroidMod 1.0 is nowhere near as stable as the previously abandoned SholesMod and 2) there are a lot of people that appear to have unexplainable problems that can't be solved such as email not syncing or calendar not syncing or contacts being deleted so for me I don't wnat ot risk it since everything else works perfect. It would be nice to have but not worth the effort and risks for me.

antyoo

Reaction score

Fairly big chore for something so simple. Not worth it to me to have to adjust all of my settings again and install all my apps and especially considering everything else is working perfectly and 1) I've heard that DroidMod 1.0 is nowhere near as stable as the previously abandoned SholesMod and 2) there are a lot of people that appear to have unexplainable problems that can't be solved such as email not syncing or calendar not syncing or contacts being deleted so for me I don't wnat ot risk it since everything else works perfect. It would be nice to have but not worth the effort and risks for me.

all your apps are downloaded again on their own simply by syncing your google account. i had to set up my home screens, my sounds and notifications, it took maybe 15 minutes to do while watching tv.

and also, i didnt say that going to droidmod was part of the soultion to my problem(it didnt fix the problem), just the factory resest. i have been messing around with my phone a lot in the past 24hrs and i havent noticed any bugs. everything works as before, including gmail, calender, contacts, facebook, google voice, all my other apps work just as before.

Smitty258

Reaction score
how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/12239-new-apps-2-1-a.html

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid!!

Hmm...did all that and I'm still not showing the option for Picasa. Just Calender, Contacts, and Gmail.

I guess you got to be lucky or something?? lol