Syncing Outlook data

wmscottmc

Reaction score
ok, so I guess Ill have to export all of my Outlook data into the Google PIM apps online. I shouldnt have assumed that there was an Outlook conduit in Android. Not happy about it, but Ill do it.

I have 2 questions:

1) What happens with my Outlook tasks and memo's? Does google handle tasks with due dates?

2) If you have done this conversion, have you had any problems with recurring calendar appointments, notes on appointments, alerts/reminders, or appointments that span multiple days? Did everything convert from Outlook to Google correctly when you imported your Outlook data into google?

Thanks.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
companionlink is working pretty good for me so far but no email, just calendar, notes, tasks and contacts i believe

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
companionlink is working pretty good for me so far but no email, just calendar, notes, tasks and contacts i believe

ok thanks, Ill try companionlink as soon as I get my Droid X.

If others have used companionlink, what are your impressions?

Is the companionlink calendar app better than the droid/google calendar?

Hosehead

Reaction score
If I use CompanionLink USB to sync desktop <-> device, do I need to use DejaOffice on the device? I guess what I am looking for is a USB sync directly with the Google calendar
on the device, so I don't need to rely on third party calendar apps.

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I tried companionlink but will not be purchasing it. It did sync with Outlook which is good. However the calendar app itself was not great, the app cost $40-50, and it stored the PIM database on the sd card which is not very secure.

Ill keep looking.

abean

Reaction score
Thus far Touchdown has worked very well for me ... coming from a blackberry, the native exchange support just wasn't cutting it.

Hosehead

Reaction score
Thus far Touchdown has worked very well for me ... coming from a blackberry, the native exchange support just wasn't cutting it.

Does Touchdown use USB or OTA?

Does it sync with the Google calendar or with its own proprietary calendar?

Thanks!

KL

abean

Reaction score

Does Touchdown use USB or OTA?

Does it sync with the Google calendar or with its own proprietary calendar?

Thanks!

KL

OTA

Touchdown is purely for Exchange support. You can sync your Exchange calendar with Touchdown and your Gmail calendar with Google.