Syncing my droid to pc

RELLIK

Reaction score
any ideas I am running the lg Optimus 2.2.1 Froyo i have missing sync on my phone but i dont feel like paying 40 bucks for software everybody says it's utter garbage.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
any ideas I am running the lg Optimus 2.2.1 Froyo i have missing sync on my phone but i dont feel like paying 40 bucks for software everybody says it's utter garbage.

What all do you want to sync? I sync my Outlook mail, calendar and contacts all through Google. The mail is through the Gmail app, the calendar through Google Calendar and the contacts are through the Gmail app too I believe.

OP
R

RELLIK

Reaction score
just want to sync my contacts to my pc in case I lose them in the phone I just had to put them all in under missing sync when I added them with the gmail app they failed to show up in my contacts folder

harrellj

Reaction score
If they're on the phone, if you go to google.com/contacts and sign in with the phone account, you can manually download your contacts whenever (as an export to .csv). They're also stored on Google's servers and will sync up with any other phone signed into that same Google account as well as other Google apps.

What mail client are you using on your PC? Depending on what you use, we can give more firm suggestions.

OP
R

RELLIK

Reaction score
well I I use Gmail and hotmail mostly plus my isp's mail wich is optonline

harrellj

Reaction score
Well, like I said, if you just want to backup your contacts, you can do so from the Google website but it won't be automatic. If you want to synchronize them with a desktop email client (like Thunderbird/Outlook/etc), then there are different options depending on which client you're using.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are the contacts to be synced? If they're on the phone what type of contacts are they? Google contacts will sync with gmail -- no app needed.

OP
R

RELLIK

Reaction score
well at this point I am using windows Live Mail if i sync it with gmail how would i go about doing that

DroidJT

Reaction score
well at this point I am using windows Live Mail if i sync it with gmail how would i go about doing that

(If you haven't already) Start by adding your gmail email account to your LG phone. From there it will sync all of your phone related contacts to Google's online servers for your gmail account (in any browser go to "http://mail.google.com/" and login). It gets pretty easy from there. If you need a step by step guide or more in-depth information go to these sites:

Android 101: How to add a second gmail account to your phone | Android Central

How To Manage Your Gmail Contacts On Your Android Phone

Opps, almost forgot most important one:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=24911

Good luck!

Last edited:

Emperor Crusher

Reaction score
For Live Mail, you can use SyncCell, but it is only a one way sync from Mail to the Android, not a 2 way sync.

It's a bit off topic, but from the search results at the bottom of the page, a lot of people are coming here searching for solutions to sync Outlook with an Android. You can go to www.syncdroid.net to find a chart with a list of software available to sync Outlook with Android and a lot are free.