syncing issues

ghostengineer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just purchased a brand new Motorola droid from VZW, and Im just now hooking up the phone to the computer to try and put music onto it. When I hooked the USB cord for the first time , it said its looking for a disc. What disc? I never recieved a disc with the phone. Im so confused so any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

misfit

Reaction score
To your computer, your phone will appear as a portable hard drive (like a USB fob.)

The phone itself, and the RAM in it, is not accessible. Only the SD card is accessible.

When connected a USB icon will appear at the top of the screeen. To access the SD card to sync files, you will have to pull down this icon and 'Mount' the disk. Mount is a unix term. This is Geek-friendly but not very user friendly.

rick598

Reaction score
Sync issues *****New info*****

I just got of the phone with Verizon, and it seems this problem is very common so they advised me that Motorola jsut put out a new link to fix it. Go to Motorola Media link and it will fix Sync issues and allow your phone to communicate with your computer. Media Link then hit the Dowmload button on the bottom right.

mke236

Reaction score
Anyone know how to use Motorola media link? I installed everything and did accomplish syncing but how the heck do I perform the actual music and picture transfers?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used a program called Double Twist for music and pictures. Just google it to download.