Syncing Droid Incredible phonebook to Porsche Communications Mgmt System

Doug2255

Reaction score
When I 1st got my Incredible almost a year ago, the blue tooth paired up easily with the Porsche Communication Management (PCM 2.0) system. The issue transferring the phone-book data to the PCM. The result of this transfer results in a blank phone-book on the PCM.

Now. almost a year later, this still does not work but I am hopeful there is a fix that someone is ware of.

I have Android version 2.2, build 3.26.605.1 (the latest?)

Thanks!

the1650swimmer

Reaction score
The problem is due to the Bluetooth stack HTC implements in its HTC sense UI. I made a vid how to fix it, but it requires you to root your phone. It can be found here: [video=youtube;J7r7A5hRw-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7r7A5hRw-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player&width=550&height=400[/video]

Jd

OP
Doug2255

Doug2255

Reaction score
Swimmer - I think I will "root" my phone. I know there are probably numerous threads on this, but should I backup and/or copy my "data" first? If so, how is the best way (step by step) to do this?

Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All root does is give you "admin" rights to the device.
If you not installing a custom rom, Backing up is not really needed.

But once you root you can use Titanium to backup if you wish

OP
Doug2255

Doug2255

Reaction score
Rooting the phone did the trick - I guess it fully unlocked' the blue-tooth capabilities as the phonebook is now recognized and transferred to mt PCM in the car.

Thanks!!