Synching ICal and Motorola Droid. Any Ideas

bakerj36

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to sync my Ical to my Droid? Without unlocking the phone??

Bill5818

Reaction score
The absolutely easiest way to do it is with a program called BusySync, for the mac. It cost $25, it easy to set up and works great. Once you've got your calendars synch'd, just set the Droid to sync with your google calendar and it's done. You don't need to buy BusyCal, their other program, just BusySync.

ismh

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to sync my Ical to my Droid? Without unlocking the phone??

Spanning Sync does the trick nicely as well —*it syncs iCal and Address Book both ways with Google's cloud. I use it to keep two Macs in sync, with very little work on my end. I can't say enough good things about it.

holdout

Reaction score
i used the method described by Hook above. Instructions are on the Google homepage under "more", I believe. It was a trial and error process but I got it and syncs up perfectly now.

I think you have to manually sync up ical and google for everything to stay up to date so I pretty much just use Googles calendar anymore.

Noidguy

Reaction score
You do not need any additional apps for the Mac. I have iCal set to sync with Google Calendar and anything I change in either iCal or the Droid gets synced with the other.

nkcavs23

Reaction score
i just linked my ical to my google account and it syncs up and updates automatically. from phone or computer tested both

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've abandoned iLife (iCal, Mail, and Address book) for Google services. iCal can't sync more than one calendar with gCal, and isn't available where ever I can get internet. Adress book is the same. Mail never synced correctly with my gmail account online (I used to use my iPod Touch a lot to check mail, but always found the read status' never synced up correctly. It's highly annoying as I use the web version quite a bit also.)

Soooo as soon as I got my Droid I imported everything to google and now everything is running Awesome!! and I can get access to my info Anywhere! And it syncs up beautifully without much tweaking at all.

Last edited:

nkcavs23

Reaction score
yeah mail deletes messages from my inbox if it syncs with that before my phone does. its really weird but im used to it and it works pretty nice.