1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Synching contacts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MobileDroid, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MobileDroid

MobileDroid New Member

I initially used Google Synch to synch my contacts from my Blackberry to Gmail to the Droid. I have not synched since. I keep my contacts in Address Book on my Mac. How do you synch from Address Book to Gmail and to the Droid?

Thanks.
  2. 640k

640k New Member

from your macbook address book? droid syncs with your google account that you setup. for your mac's address book, i don't know if there's an automated solution or not.
  3. swallman

swallman New Member

4. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

5. crspang

crspang New Member

Can you export your contacts from Address Book to a .CSV file? Then import them to gmail. I'm not sure if that would work for ya but maybe its worth a shot.
  6. MobileDroid

MobileDroid New Member

Thanks for all the replies! I will try the suggested methods and report back so others can hopefully benefit from this.
  7. fatknuckle

fatknuckle New Member

It does work. I currently have my address book (and subsequently mail) app, gmail account and mo'droid all sync'd up. The only caveat is that you will need to manually sync (using isync) on your desktop. You could probably automate it to run at a set interval but I havent gotten that far yet.

I also needed to run the terminal command found in this response

Search tags for this page

plist