Sync with Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpush

Reaction score
Ok this thread is running out of legs quickly. I hear both sides, but the opinions and facts aren't changing here.

Miami,

It is what it is, I have ceased complaining...you don't have to read them. :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok this thread is running out of legs quickly. I hear both sides, but the opinions and facts aren't changing here.

Miami,

It is what it is, I have ceased complaining...you don't have to read them. :)

Your not the only one here. I feel ya but you have to admit this one is getting nowhere fast. I feel yourpain. I don't agree with you, but I can see where you are at.

PatG

Reaction score
The thread should be closed, no point to keep arguing about it.

Someone should start a new thread that discusses the 3rd party tools available to sync stand-alone Outlook with the Droid - once they are released and work 2 ways.

mrpush

Reaction score
BigTex,

<<You must have misunderstood what I was trying to state all along. I didn't mean that Google didn't have the CAPABILITY to do it, just WHY should they support a competitor? I know they CAN do it, WHY would they? Yes, they don't want to and I know why. I don't understand how you can't grasp the concept that Google does not want to help sell more copies of Microsoft Outlook.>>

The concept to grasp here is that THEY DID support the competition, namely MICROSOFT EXCHANGE. Exchange usually uses Outlook at its primary client, supporting Exchange is indirectly supporting Outlook.

<<Again, I know they CAN develop an app to support it. WHY would they when they have a competing client called Gmail? They would be hurting their own application by promoting their competitor. Have you ever had an economics class... because you seem to not understand how this stuff works. >>

I'm not sure why you guys are throwing personal insults around, I never insulted any of you.

If fact, BigTex, you are stating the opposite of what Andorid has done.....Android HAS supported Exchange so from your perspective, they DID (past tense) hurt themselves by providing for Exchange support out of the box. It seems that you are misunderstanding here....Android has provided Exchange support, not to hurt themselves, but to get BUSINESS USERS who use Exchange server to buy their phone. And MORE people would likely buy it, if it supported Standalone outlook out of the box. Economics?

You need this capability because you own Outlook? Then go buy a WinMo phone or the 3rd party app. Or do it the FREE way with Google - sync your Outlook email, contacts, calendar, etc with Gmail and use Gmail on the Droid. That is what I did for my personal email, contacts, and calendar from Outlook.

What about notes and Tasks? This is not a complete solution.

Guys, don't be so mean to me here, I'm not throwing insults at any of you.

This is the reason it may get closed
Thanks,

MP

Last edited by a moderator:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thread should be closed, no point to keep arguing about it.

Someone should start a new thread that discusses the 3rd party tools available to sync stand-alone Outlook with the Droid - once they are released and work 2 ways.

I'm very close indeed

mrpush

Reaction score
<<The thread should be closed, no point to keep arguing about it.

Someone should start a new thread that discusses the 3rd party tools available to sync stand-alone Outlook with the Droid - once they are released and work 2 ways. >>

This is a smart idea. And people are starting to insulting me for my opinions, and it hurts my feelings.....LOL.

I will not reply to any more posts that are not specific to the facts in the title.

I'm guilty, I may have started this complaining board.

Close er up if you like.

Thanks,

MP

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I agree this thread has run it's course. Sorry but it's :closed_2:. Please feel free to open a new thread and try to keep it civil. Thanks for understanding :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is re-opend fopr a few minutes. I will be closing this one up again after a user gets his post in.

techguru

Reaction score
I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I crossed over the line in personally attacking mrpush for what I perceived as him ignoring my "excellent" advise.

Call it too much caffeine, too much passion, or me being an arrogant SOB, I went too far, and for that I am sorry.

Alan

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks Alan,

once again. This one is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.