Sync with MAC

darthkarl

Reaction score
All iTunes songs sold now are DRM free (no copy protection), so they can be transferred over to the Droid regardless of whether they are AAC or MP3 files. You can copy those songs ether by hand or by using one of the sync programs discussed above. If you have older copy protected tunes, you can't listen to them on the Droid (but you should be able to upgrade those files to DRM free songs on iTunes, for a price).

On the other hand, apps from the iTune store can only run on an iPhone or an iPod Touch, they are coded for use on Apple's OS, not the Android OS. So you are out of luck there.

jcstarr

Reaction score
I already set up email through IMAP to phone (same account I read mail with on iMail)
but I am more interested in contacts
will those sync through the email application to contact list?

There is an option in your Address Book preferences on your Mac that will allow you to sync with your Google email account. Whatever you change on one will update on the other and so forth. I love it... I update a contact on my computer and not only does it show up in my Google contacts but it auto updates on my phone without me having to do anything. :)

pjo1966

Reaction score
I already set up email through IMAP to phone (same account I read mail with on iMail)
but I am more interested in contacts
will those sync through the email application to contact list?

There is an option in your Address Book preferences on your Mac that will allow you to sync with your Google email account. Whatever you change on one will update on the other and so forth. I love it... I update a contact on my computer and not only does it show up in my Google contacts but it auto updates on my phone without me having to do anything. :)

I've had nothing but trouble trying to get that to work. The contacts on Google are the correct ones. I deleted all contacts in Address Book, exported the ones from Google, and imported them into Address Book. When I did a sync, I got about 100 contacts duplicated in both. Also, if I make a change in Google, it updates Address Book. If I make changes in AB they do not update on Google. For the moment I've given up and just use Google in the browser to manage contacts. I would much prefer to be able to use Address Book.

As for pictures, I use MissingSync. It worked well and transferred all Events from iPhoto into the Droid's SD card. Unfortunately the default Gallery app on the Droid takes several minutes before it sees all the folders created from Events. I'm open to suggestions if there's an app out there that will get the job done better. I'd heard there might be a better solution with 2.1, but who knows when we're going to get it.

xxfire

Reaction score
ZERO issue with syncing my .mac account...
Added my info under the Mail icon and good to go.

xxfire

Reaction score
I know apple protects songs you purchase from iTunes, but is there anyway to transfer my entire iTunes library to my droid? Any apps maybe?

Thanks

Doubletwist will do all music and movies.
No apps though.