Sync to Mac

jeremythom

Reaction score
Hi ... I have a Droid 2 with Verizon ... and I have a Mac. Verizon told me when I purchased the phone that this would back up to a mac but apparently this isn't so simple. I have my contacts in Mac Address and my calendar in iCal. ... It's these that I would like to be able to sync easily and regularly to keep everything current. ... How do I do this?
... and ... How do I enter new individual contacts into the Droid contacts
... JT

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi ... I have a Droid 2 with Verizon ... and I have a Mac. Verizon told me when I purchased the phone that this would back up to a mac but apparently this isn't so simple. I have my contacts in Mac Address and my calendar in iCal. ... It's these that I would like to be able to sync easily and regularly to keep everything current. ... How do I do this?
... and ... How do I enter new individual contacts into the Droid contacts
... JT

You can. First, you have a google phone so start thinking gmail and google calendar. Now on the calendar just go to iCal and you can sync it to google calendar. This in turn will sync to the phone.

Look what I found: Google Sync Services

That has everything. Remember, your calendar is working off of Google and contacts off of gmail. Then they will sync to your Droid.

OP
J

jeremythom

Reaction score
Thanks ... let me try these suggestions and get back if I have more related questions ... and ... Is there a way to file contacts by last name not first? ... I'm running a company not a social network here!!

zukeypur

Reaction score
Hookbill, thanks so much!!!!! Worked like a charm.

Jeremythom, there is a box that you can check in the address book in ical that says "first name after last name" or "first name before last name". I can't remember where it is in the address book though.