Sync S Health & Google Fit data

Doug6388

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is there any way to sync my steps from S Health app with my Zenwatch 2 Google Fit app and save the results to Google Drive?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not that I'm aware of. When I switched from the Note 4 to the Nexus 6P, I switched to Fit from S Health and left my history behind. I actually switched apps before I got the new device, just to give myself time to get used to it.

But, I didn't see any way to transfer data from one app to the other.

Fit is compatible with Android Wear, so may be the better option for you to track health results as well. It's also not so Samsung-dependent, though I believe they've opened up S Health to non-Samsung devices now...

OP
D

Doug6388

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Fit can appear on my Zenwatch 2 "App Drawer" but S Health does not. I like S Health because it allows me to add Golf and Tennis to my list of activities and Fit does not, but is not one of Fit or Android Wear's chosen Sync'ies. S Health is created by one of the largest company's in the world and to say "They do not play well with Android" would be wrong, but I can not figure out how to get each to save and or share their data other than their own app. Is this starting to sound a bit Appleish? D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, considering how Samsung wants to BE Apple, I'd say your assessment is correct. Their ecosystem isn't quite as closed as Apple's, but they do their best to keep it as close to closed as possible.

Which is funny since Apple seems to be lightening up a bit.