1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sync Question for Corporate Phone

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Satellite26, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Satellite26

Satellite26 New Member

Can the Droid be sync to the BEST Server (I think this is the servers name)? I'm told that it's the blackberry server?? Dont know too much about it but I want to get this phone but my work is saying no due to security reasons...any thoughts? Is there an app that you could download?

Also is there an app you can download for password protecting? I've been told there are lines or something like that as a security?

Thanks
  2. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

The short answer is no, you cannot use the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service) Server to get your e-mails. As to whether there is something you can download... not to use this server... but the real question is what exactly is the security *issue* that your IT department has (other than setting up a device that isn't a Blackberry... because if that is the case, you are going to go nowhere fast)? If you IT Department requires "advanced Exchange Security" then for the time being at least, you are out of luck as Android 2.0 does not yet support those features.

Finally on password protecting... do you mean password protecting your phone? Within Android you have the ability to lock your phone with an "unlock pattern" (I think this is what you mean by "lines" anyway) which is (I think) better than a password or PIN to unlock your phone.